Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Induced with regrets?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM
  • 15 Replies

This is just a curious post but I was wondering who has been induced and completely regreted it. I'm referring to induction just because not for a true medical reason. I know 3 people who have been induced one medical, one for concern  but not needed and one because they were done being pregnant and all 3 ended up in a c-section. One swears if she would have just relaxed and let her come when she was ready not 30 hours of pitocin she might have been able to have a vag birth. Who really knows, but I was curious how many people asked for induction and later when it was done regreted it and how many people feel being induced is what lead to their c-section?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I was on pitocin for 14 hrs. It was pure hell, Im not going to lie but, I think my body recovered very well from it! My pregnancy was very by the book and there were no bumps in the road so thats why I assume my body handled the pitocin as well as it did. If my pregnancy had been bad though, I dont know that I would have been ok with it.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
jillrn213
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I was induced 2 weeks early with my first dd.  My OB was going out of town for Christmas and I was due Jan. 3rd.  The induction went great!!!  She let me have an Epidural after 1 contraction and they were able to increase the pitocin every half hour.  I was only in labor for 8 hours or so...   I would never regret my decision to be induced.

CafeMom Tickers
southernjess3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:22 PM

i was induced with my last dd. i completely regret it. 18 hours of horrible body rocking screaming contractions. she ended up coming on her dd anyways..lol

CafeMom Tickers

kara_g.

I had an emergency at 38 weeks and we needed to deliver right away. THey decided to try an induction, but it couldn't go long due to the circumstances. As it happens, using Bishop Scoring I would have been a poor candidate. THey should have gone straight to c-section. Instead they manually pried open my cervix to break the water and they gave me a super high dose of pitocin. My blood pressure crashed and I lost consciousness. When stabilized they did a c-section. So, my only regret is that I didn't know more about bishop scoring and that we even tried induction. We should have just done the c-section.

amy31308

I was induced, not for any medical reasons my doctor just said he was going to induce me.

I loved it and had an amazing experience.

The only thing I regret is not having that "going into labor" experience.

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

Armywife6
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I do but don't regret being induced. I do because like your friends I ended up with an emergency c-section...was it because of the pitocin who knows. But I don't regret it because if I'd waited to have him on my own it could have been a very bad situation. My blood pressure was 155/115 & that was on my EDD, there was no point in keeping him in there chancing death to either or both of us.  Now having said that the day before my induction I went into early labor on my own ( I was being induced @8pm the next night), so all the pitocin did was move my labor along a lil quicker than it would have on it's own. This time I'm trying for a VBAC, & I'm doing everything I can to not have to have pitocin because like I said I'm not sure if that's what caused my son's fetal distress the 1st time.

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM

My induction was non-medical (non-hospital), and I do regret it terribly!
At the time, I thought it was for a "medical" reason (PROM), but I now know better.   (No reason to add unnecessary risks!)

It would have been an unnecessary medical induction and probably an unnecessary cesarean (since my body was not ready for birth at ROM) if I had been in the hospital, I can see that.

I went through a lot of emotional healing to get over that birth experience.   I really felt like I needed a better birth the next time.   With the next baby I did have a natural birth experience--   it was so much better!     :-D

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

NewMom2RAD
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM

I was induced with my son...wound up with a c-section after 23 hours of labor and two hours of pushing. I had a not of issues they never addressed because they thought I was a stupid first time mom. I was even with 2 different doctors and nobody diagnosed or treated my GD, so I was 80 lbs up with 35 lbs of water weight. I can't believe they didn't KNOW I needed a c-section, that had an ultrasound done early that day and they didn't even NOTICE he was 10 lbs???  Anyway, my only regret is not insisting harder that something was really wrong with me and getting it dealt with earlier.

jennifer_dewig
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I didnt have a c-section but i was induced at 37 wks with my son cause of my blood preasure, and i went into labor on my own with my daughter at 36 wks and had another vag deliverey> I think that bein induced takes the excitment and joy out of it! I rather go when its her time and go with the flow of things, but thats just me! I know how u ladies feel when it gets to the end u just want to be done! Iam feeling that way now and iam almost 35 wks! But good luck things will work out for the best! If that what you want that you. Only you know you! Jeniifer

purplemoosemom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I regret simply b/c of the complications that could have come from having been induced.  My doctor failed to inform me of the risks involved. Had I known those risks BEFOREHAND, I would have just waited and let nature take it's course. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)