Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

almost 41 weeks??

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

i will be 41 weeks on wednesday and i have made no progress since i was 37 weeks pregnant i am 70% effaced and 2cm dialated, but have been for a month almost. i don't want to be induced i was induced with my dd and it was horrible. i also went to 43 weeks with her before they induced me. my doctor is upset because i do not want to be induced.... is it possible that my body just doesnt know when to go into labor?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Ati_13
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:36 PM

No, it's much more likely that your body just gestates longer than "usual".  What your doctor should be doing is biophysical profiles on your baby to make sure he's okay after 42 weeks and relax until then!

mOm2bOyS_nY
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM

u due date can be off by 2 weeks, so u could be 39 weeks and just think ur 41

Ashley7805
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:47 PM

i'll be 41 weeks on thursday... i'm waiting on my little guy too. good luck on going into labor on your own! i was induced with my first 3 days before my due date because he was a "big baby" so i dont know how long i normaly go for...

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:51 PM

If there is medically nothing wrong you don't need to be induced. I really think induction is doctors easy way out and it's abused more that it needs to be. Try lots of walking, bouncing on a yoga ball, sex and I've even heard eggplant can induce labor. Worse case it doesn't work and your no different than you are right now. Good luck and hopefully that baby comes soon.

doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:53 PM
Quoting budget:

i will be 41 weeks on wednesday and i have made no progress since i was 37 weeks pregnant i am 70% effaced and 2cm dialated, but have been for a month almost. i don't want to be induced i was induced with my dd and it was horrible. i also went to 43 weeks with her before they induced me. my doctor is upset because i do not want to be induced.... is it possible that my body just doesnt know when to go into labor?

You have made progress-- as in, you're getting ready for the birth, whether you see this or not.   A measurable sign of "progress" like cervical dilation won't tell you when you'll go into labor, but might might make you have these questions and worries.   

If it makes you feel better, you can avoid the optional vaginal exams!   :-)

Your body will go into labor when the time is right, it might be tonight or next week...   or  ??

The due date is only a mid-point of the average due period.   Many moms will obviously delivery outside of that "average" frame!

Your doctor doesn't need to express his/her emotions with you--  just provide a professional recommendation/opinion, and step back for you to make your own decisions.

If you are fine & healthy, no reason to add unnecessary interventions, right?

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

emj92606
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Take a nice long walk, have sex, take a nice relaxing shower/bath then go to sleep. And repeat until that little baby comes out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)