Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's driving me nuts!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

Is this normal......

My 10 month old, screams when I put him in his chair, he throws a fit when I try to change his diaper or dress him. The other day he was putting a shoe in his mouth and I took it from him, he balled up his fists, shook them, turned red in the face and started screaming. Is this normal at 10 months? Its like the terrible 2s come early!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommy2xp
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:38 PM

my kids go through stages of that. it's just them trying to be independant and do what they want when they want.  i dont go for it and they get a "time out" i set them down and they cry or whatever when they are donei put them back in the chair (or whatever we was doing) just be consistant in whatever you do

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM

How do I time out a 10 month old? Stick him in his playpen?

Quoting mommy2xp:

my kids go through stages of that. it's just them trying to be independant and do what they want when they want.  i dont go for it and they get a "time out" i set them down and they cry or whatever when they are donei put them back in the chair (or whatever we was doing) just be consistant in whatever you do

mommy2xp
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:52 PM

yep or juust leave him where he is. just time to cool off and stop crying

Quoting sparklebug86:

Quoting mommy2xp:

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Well the problem is that he is so mobile that I cant just leave him. For instance, he was sitting on the floor while trying to chew on his shoe. I took the shoe away, he threw a fit but then went on about his way. Is this something they grow out of? I dont want him thinking his behavior is ok....

Quoting mommy2xp:

Quoting sparklebug86:

Quoting mommy2xp:

davidjames07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:11 PM

at 10 months he doesnt have the words to express how he feels. All he can do is ball his fists and cry to show you hes upset. Once he starts becoming verbal, sometimes it doesnt get any better my almost 3 yr old still throws fits but hes old enough to know better, he gets sent to his room to finish his fit, and once hes finished he can return to whatever he is doing. My mom told me to put ds in the crib when he would act like that at a young age, but only for a minute let him cry and then once the minute was up even tho he didnt understand camly explain to him you cant throw fits like that I understand you are upset and you cant express yourself yet, but you dont have to throw a fit to get what you want.

Quoting sparklebug86:

Well the problem is that he is so mobile that I cant just leave him. For instance, he was sitting on the floor while trying to chew on his shoe. I took the shoe away, he threw a fit but then went on about his way. Is this something they grow out of? I dont want him thinking his behavior is ok....

Quoting mommy2xp:

Quoting sparklebug86:

Quoting mommy2xp:

Breastfeeding/formula feeding, non-circumcising, vaccinating, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, feed my son whatever he wants in moderation,  Wife to Joey since 01/06, mother to David James since 07/12/07, and pregnant with baby number two due June 7, 2010.

kbaby1624
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:41 PM

OMG...my 4yr old used to do this wen he was little & i would "ignore" him..i put that in qoutes bcuz he would think i was ignoring him wen really i was in another room lmao @ him lol..i couldnt help it but @ the same time he learned that i wasnt goin to tolerate his tantrums & stopped doing that!

Quoting sparklebug86:

Is this normal......

My 10 month old, screams when I put him in his chair, he throws a fit when I try to change his diaper or dress him. The other day he was putting a shoe in his mouth and I took it from him, he balled up his fists, shook them, turned red in the face and started screaming. Is this normal at 10 months? Its like the terrible 2s come early!

Gender Prediction

Get your own gender prediction!

SugaMomma87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:10 PM

My SIL sends them my nephews to their rooms and makes them sit on their bed.  Remember, now a days kids have tons of toys in their rooms and just tend to go and play.  so you might want to do a corner or something along those lines when he's older.  My 18 month old nephew gets sent to his room or is put in his play pen until he calms down, which can take a while at times, she also does the old fashion single slap on the bootie as well to get their attention.  Sometimes they just need an attitude adjustment.

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:16 PM

thanks everyone! He was the best kid and now he is a monster when he doesnt get his way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)