Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone had a VBAC after 2 c-sections?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have been reading up on having a VBAC after 2 c-sections and everything I have came across says it's just as safe as a normal VBAC.

I have had one vaginal delivery and it went great, the only reason for my 1st c-section was a preemie in distress so it was an emergency. My next a year later was born by c-section b/c my dr. at the time wouldn't do it any other way. Up until the week before delivery he said we could try then backed out. i just had a m/c in Sept. and was put on Cytotec to pass the baby and this was done at home w/o monitoring. These contractions became very strong and I took the Cytotec for 5 days. I didn't rupture then.

Here I am pregnant with this baby and really want a vaginal delivery and have changed dr.'s this time but he is saying for me to think long and hard about the risks and we will talk more about it as the pregnancy progresses.

I am just curious if anyone has had a successful VBAC or VBAC after multiple c-sections.  Thank you!

Loving Fiance' to Josh ,Mom to Desirae (8) , Angel Kody (7), Hayden (6), and a miscarried angel 9/15/2009.

We're pregnant!!! due date" 09/07/2010

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
married-in-06
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:53 PM
I havent but ive had 2 c-sections and want to vbac too.so here is a bump

~JESSICA -LOVING WIFE TO JOEL & MOMMY TO 1 WILD LIL GIRL~1 SWEET LIL BOY~& 5 ANGELS IN HEAVEN

Lilypie Maternity tickers
MammaRed
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:54 PM

I personally have not - but I do know (through cafemom of course) plenty of women who have had them successfully. 

Check out this group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/1540/

It doesn't sound like your doctor is really on board with your wishes -- he says he wants to talk about it later, and that makes me think he is putting it off until you're "too late" in your term to transfer before you find out he is not VBA2C friendly. 

(BTW you are never too late to transfer, but thats not what they want you to think!)

Are there any midwives in your area who would be willing to take you in as a client? 

Amy4045
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I am curious myself after having 2 csections. 

purplemoosemom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Hi! I'm in a similar position to you.  My doctor has agreed to let me TRY to labor and deliver vaginally, but has no "guarantees".  I've had 2 csections, 2 vaginal births, and 1 m/c that I passed w/out any help at 12 weeks.  I got pregnant w/in a month of that miscarriage and that baby was born via c-section.  (She was my 2nd section--first one was emergency for baby 3) 

Anyways, I'm really hoping for a vaginal birth this time.  It's my last chance!  I'm due in June, so crossing my fingers for a healthy pregnancy!

LaLa9637
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Thank you all so much. I am hoping and praying that I can have a VBAC, I have been researching different dr.'s and midwives in hopes of finding one to help us.

I just don't feel as if I was as good of a mother to my c-section baby as I was my daughter when we came home. I could hardly move with my son (c-section) and I was able to do everything for my daughter (vaginal). My preemie was a different story b/c I was hospitalized for 6 days myself so I felt a lil different with him and he never got to come home so it was alot different.

Loving Fiance' to Josh ,Mom to Desirae (8) , Angel Kody (7), Hayden (6), and a miscarried angel 9/15/2009.

We're pregnant!!! due date" 09/07/2010

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)