Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My brothers wife AHH!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

I need to vent since i cant because she lives with us.

First off, i am sick with a headache, itchy throat, and runny nose, and you know being pregnant makes it even worse because your so tired. I live with my parents and 2 brothers one married one single. I told my parents i dont feel good at all and usually im the one that does the cleaning. My dad told me to suck it up.

Im 5 months pregnant and already having contractions and i dont want to end up having an early delivery or any complications so i limited myself and my doctor agrees i cant do the stuff i was doing everyday. For example sweeping, mopping, vaccuming, dishes, dusting, cleaning cages, caring for the dog, laundry. Its EXHAUSTING! My parents are both very Ill and disabled, so i understand they cant. My brother who is single helps out by mopping and keeping one of the bathrooms clean and cooks dinner everynight, my other brother and his wife dont do shit! Yes, he works but still! He wont even take the garbage out he complains even after my dad took it out and fell and bashed his head on the sidewalk curb! hes always shit talking our parents. Oh, and his WIFE! OMG! she doesnt even do her own damn dishes! im tired of it! i shouldnt be doing so much work. i just wanna SCREAM! and she treats my parents like shit and talks back to them and disrespects them. im tired of it but my dad tells me to keep quiet but i've had ENOUGH! I finally said when i was doing dishes " SHE NEEDS TO FUCKING HELP! SHE LIVES HERE TOO AND IM FUCKING PREGNANT!" my dad just told me to shut up UGHHH :( i wanna cry!

Sorry im done venting.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SugaMomma87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:31 PM

I'm sorry sweetie, that is no fun to deal with while prego.  We have a room mate that does that.   Thank GOD he is moving out at the end of the month!!!  So my question to you, is why do you live at home?

CafeMom Tickers
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I think its ok that you called her out.... clearly she thinks to highly of herself to help out. I would however not point out the fact that you are pregnant because clearly everyone in your house has their "issues." I would just simply say that they are both lazy and need to help out if they are going to live in the house

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
xpectingmama10
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I was on my own for 5 years, i was suppose to be getting married this summer but as soon as i got pregnant with my fiance he started treating me like crap because he wasnt ready to be a daddy. so he dumped me and so i moved in with my parents.

my SIL is just an all around lazy disrespectful person. She was sick and was in the hospital awhile ago and my parents went to go see her and bring her flowers and stuff and to see if she was doing better she looked right at my mom and said " what the hell are you doing here? why are you here?" my dad buys her lunch all the time and always checks to see if shes ok and shes mean to him. im the only one in this house who will say anything. my single brother said loudly " oh this bathroom is gross i might as well clean it since someone wont!"

she should respect the fact that im going thru a lot right now and im emotionally fatigue. she has no worries my brother treats her like a queen she wont do anything.

SugaMomma87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:13 PM

You know my dear, there are better places for you to be.  There is state assistance and housing for section 8.  It really isn't bad and most of the places are nicer than just a regular place to rent.  It sounds like you need to get out.  Why should all of that be on your shoulders?  You can easily make it on your own.  Even though the ex is out of the pic, doesnt mean he is out  of being responsible.  My best friend had a court order for her ex to pay so much for child support and daycare.  You can do it mamma!!! It just sounds like you need to get out now before the baby comes and is raised in that type of atmosphere!!!

I hope everything goes well!!!!

ameliasmommy221
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Quoting SugaMomma87:

You know my dear, there are better places for you to be.  There is state assistance and housing for section 8.  It really isn't bad and most of the places are nicer than just a regular place to rent.  It sounds like you need to get out.  Why should all of that be on your shoulders?  You can easily make it on your own.  Even though the ex is out of the pic, doesnt mean he is out  of being responsible.  My best friend had a court order for her ex to pay so much for child support and daycare.  You can do it mamma!!! It just sounds like you need to get out now before the baby comes and is raised in that type of atmosphere!!!

I hope everything goes well!!!!

I agree that there are better places for her to be. But not everyone excepts section 8. I am sorry that you have to deal with all of that. It's not easy trying to take care of everything especially when you're pregnant. I hope things start to look up for you soon!

pregnancy
Treymama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:20 PM

I would deffinitely be moving out. I can't stand to live with people that don't clean up after themselves. Pregnant or not im not doing the work of multiple people that are perfectly able to do it themselves. I also won't vaccuum while im pregnant, although I do sweep and mop and do the laundry. I hate people doing my laundry. I don't mind doing DF's and DS laundry but I will not do laundry for people that live with me whom are able to do their own. There is just no way, and they will be the ones stuck without clothes until they do it themselves.  

xpectingmama10
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:44 PM

I love being with my mom and dad.  My dad just doesnt want to fight with that idiotic girl. They are suppose to be moving out next month. So my dad told me to just wait. i dont want to go on section 8 i want to get a job when my daughter is born and work and get child support from the father and get an apartment with my friend.

my dad tries to help as much as he can. but he doesnt have very much longer to live so id rather be here with them. 

SugaMomma87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Quoting xpectingmama10:

I love being with my mom and dad.  My dad just doesnt want to fight with that idiotic girl. They are suppose to be moving out next month. So my dad told me to just wait. i dont want to go on section 8 i want to get a job when my daughter is born and work and get child support from the father and get an apartment with my friend.

my dad tries to help as much as he can. but he doesnt have very much longer to live so id rather be here with them. 

Well that is completely understandable sweetie.  I'm sorry to hear about your father not doing well though.  That is never fun to go through. Especially with a bitch in the house making things harder.  Just try to keep calm and just ride the waves to her getting the F out... only 1 more month!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)