Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did people buy what you registered for?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:48 PM
  • 9 Replies

When you had your baby shower, did people stick to the registry or did they just buy whatever they wanted to?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KairisMama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:49 PM

I got almost everything I put on my registry.

Kairi  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Schleetle
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Mostly stuck to the registry, but for some reason the registry wasn't showing when some things were bought so I got three little lamb bouncers. lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CafeMom Tickers

sissychristi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I guess as long as you have gift receipts, you can return them and use the money to buy what you didn't get...LOL

I am curious about this because the last shower I went to, I was the only one there who bought off the registry. Everyone else just brought baby clothes, blankets, and baby toys. I felt kind of bad for her.

That also makes me nervous because I am fully stocked on blankets, towels, washcloths, 0-6mo clothing, socks, hats, etc. I am hoping that people read the registry and buy anything other than clothes/fabric items.

Quoting Schleetle:

Mostly stuck to the registry, but for some reason the registry wasn't showing when some things were bought so I got three little lamb bouncers. lol

JaxonsInkedMom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Does anyone know how people know where your registered, I mean do they include that in with the invitation , I wouldn't have ever thought about that and I've never been to anyone's baby shower I dont have many friends with kids under 5...

But iw ould think just like with a wedding it would be poor etiquette to list where your registered? Maybe not I dont know... I hope they put it on my invitations lol, cause theres just certain things I need I have so many clothes and stuff lol.

Photobucket

Proud Momma of this Family.

lildragonfly923
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:04 PM

For my daughter I had 3 baby showers and the only people that actually stuck to the registry were my mother and DH's mother.  I had baby clothes coming out my ears!  I tols my mother and dh's mother that this time they should have a joint shower and put on the invites to try and stick to the regisrty.  I loved the cute clothes, but I gave most to my sister when she had my neice, with tags still attached.

~Jenn~

alexmom07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:07 PM

For my son noone stuck to my registry. For this one I am not having my shower until March...

Misty toddler boymom 2 Alex  expecting girl & Katie in April 2010.

sissychristi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Most shower invites list where momma is registered at. The most common place is Target, which is nice because the registry is available to view online.

Quoting JaxonsInkedMom:

Does anyone know how people know where your registered, I mean do they include that in with the invitation , I wouldn't have ever thought about that and I've never been to anyone's baby shower I dont have many friends with kids under 5...

But iw ould think just like with a wedding it would be poor etiquette to list where your registered? Maybe not I dont know... I hope they put it on my invitations lol, cause theres just certain things I need I have so many clothes and stuff lol.

AndiDurall
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:11 PM

A few people bought items off of my registry but most of them didn't.  It was alright but it would have been nice to get what I had picked out.  Unfortunately nobody ended up giving me gift receipts so I couldn't really take stuff back.  The thing that actually kinda ticked me off though was that my MIL included a sticker on all of the invitations requesting that everyone buy a book for Baby Ben instead of giving a card.  This was on top of whatever they had already bought so I ended up with a lot less gifts because everyone subtracted the cost of having to buy a book.  I wouldn't have minded if she would have asked first or if we didn't have any but we have two other kids and have so many books around here that it's like a library!  It all kinda worked out in the end though.  :)

sissychristi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I was thinking about asking my mom to put a note in my invitations that I have all the clothing I need.

We are also not finding out what we are having and gender neutral clothing is kind of hard to find, so I'm hoping that will help more people decide to read the registry and get the other things I need like baby wash, breastfeeding stuff, etc. 

I am also hoping that since everyone who is coming already has kids, they will be aware of what mommas really need instead of buying things because they are "cute".

Quoting lildragonfly923:

For my daughter I had 3 baby showers and the only people that actually stuck to the registry were my mother and DH's mother.  I had baby clothes coming out my ears!  I tols my mother and dh's mother that this time they should have a joint shower and put on the invites to try and stick to the regisrty.  I loved the cute clothes, but I gave most to my sister when she had my neice, with tags still attached.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)