Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you passionate about?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:04 PM
  • 13 Replies

We have a lot of mommas here who are passionate about various pregnancy topics. What are you or have you become passionate about since getting pregnant?

Breastfeeding, natural childbirth, cloth diapering, baby wearing, etc.

If you were given a soap box, what would you choose to shout about?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy31308
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM

The only thing I'm passionate about is vaccinating. I feel like some moms rub it in others face that their children are healthy and they don't vaccinate and yada yada yada.. my opinion on that is.. I vaccinate so you don't have to. Imagine what our country would be like if we didn't have vaccinations. We would have alot of sick children. I do everything in my power to keep my son healthy... and will do the same for my daughter.

Also-Everyone needs to make their own decisions for themselves. They aren't trying to kill their children if they formula feed, if they get an epidural. Sometimes people need to just keep things to themselves and not make others feel like crap :) SO I think everyone needs to educate themselves and do what is best and what works for their family

Now I didn't say any of this to start drama and will not respond to anyone trying to make my post into a drama post.

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

sissychristi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:22 PM

I agree. This is not a drama post, or a place for people to debate controversial topics. I guarantee that we have people passionate about vaxing as well as people passionate about not vaxing.

It is just interesting to hear what becoming a mommy has caused people to become incredibly interested in and passionate about.

Quoting amy31308:

Now I didn't say any of this to start drama and will not respond to anyone trying to make my post into a drama post.

Lbluv20
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Ive become pretty passionate on a few things since having kids. Most of all being pro-life. But id have to say ive become a car seat nazi as well lol. I feel its so important to have a good quality SAFE carseat for our kids. Buying used without knowing its history is very very dangerous. I wish everyone could get the best seats out there for their precious little ones. And by best i dont mean most expensive, there are some extremely affordable super safe seats.

I am going to attempt cloth diapering and breastfeeding with this baby to. Two things i wasnt able to do with my son.  But without experience with either, didnt even consider cloth with son, and tried but couldnt breastfeed, I dont have a huge platform on them. Just hoping they both work out for me.

Amanda_Upspring
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Before my kids were born I was very passionate about all kinds of nonsense related to babies and children.  Then, when they came I realized that all of that was easier said that done. 

So since then I've become sort of ANTI-passionate.  I think each family does what it can in the best way it knows how and there's more than one right way to do anything--especially raising children.

Alaina83
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Since becoming a mommy I've become extremely passionate about the pro-life movement as well. Also within the last year or two I've become passionate about doing things natural, I'm all about natural birth, breastfeeding, I'm anti circumcision, you know all that stuff :)

sissychristi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I agree. What works for one doesn't always work for another. It is good to know all the options available though.

Quoting Amanda_Upspring:

Before my kids were born I was very passionate about all kinds of nonsense related to babies and children.  Then, when they came I realized that all of that was easier said that done. 

So since then I've become sort of ANTI-passionate.  I think each family does what it can in the best way it knows how and there's more than one right way to do anything--especially raising children.

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:38 PM

I'm not overly passionate about any of it to be honest.

I'm more of a "to each their own" type person. I'll argue my point and sometimes get involved in debates about any of those topics--but, at the end of the day, as long as the child is happy, healthy, and safe, I don't really care what someone else does.

sissychristi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I am personally passionate about educating moms on all the birthing options available, especially those options that are not common knowledge or mainstream. What is most common practice is not always the best.

This has really caused me to delve into natural birthing without interventions because there are thousands of moms who don't even know these options or are misinformed about them. So many normal pregnancies end up not so great due to interventions. But, I am also thankful that those interventions are available, as they do make a difference during true emergencies.

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I'm w/her! I'm not overly passionate about any thing.. I think that "whatever floats your boat" is the phrase I believe in.. Whatever works for you, may not work for me or another mother on here so unless I feel like I'm being attacked, I won't get involved in any debate b/c I have nothing to debate.

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

I'm not overly passionate about any of it to be honest.

I'm more of a "to each their own" type person. I'll argue my point and sometimes get involved in debates about any of those topics--but, at the end of the day, as long as the child is happy, healthy, and safe, I don't really care what someone else does.

Amanda_Upspring
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Oh definitely.  I'm all for making informed choices.  But at the end of the day it is each parent's right to make those choices for their family.  I think its pretty strange that some people get so worked up over what OTHER people are doing.  As if they could control them with their opinions or something.

Quoting sissychristi:

I agree. What works for one doesn't always work for another. It is good to know all the options available though.

Quoting Amanda_Upspring:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)