Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is your labor coach?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:20 PM
  • 20 Replies

Who will be there coaching you when you give birth?

SO, friend, doula, etc.

Did they go to any classes to learn how to coach you?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thesphinx1989
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:27 PM

My husband will be my labor coach and no he didn't go to any classes.  

CafeMom Tickers
sissychristi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I have a coaching team so to speak. My SO will be my coach, my MIL will be my doula, and my mom will be the "assistant coach" taking over when SO needs a break.

Both my SO and my mom have been coming to Bradley classes with me and I think they have gotten more from it than I have in regards to how to keep me calm and relaxed during labor.

My MIL had 7 children and has had home, birth center, hospital, medicated, and natural births. She also teaches birth classes in Alaska where she lives and has attended numerous births, including the births of all 9 of her grandbabies.

Plus, if my team is stumped, I have 2 midwives working for me too.

LoveMySonPJ
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:32 PM

When my son was born, we didn't go to any classes and just did it on our own. My mom, husband and aunt were in the room with me and the nurse said I did a great job by myself. I didn't want people telling me what to do....lol. I was stubborn.

GlowingxMomma
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:17 PM

My mom is my birthing coach. She has gone to classes with me. We giggled the whole time

sissychristi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:54 PM

bump

Mom2Kylie2708
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM

My DH and my mom are the only people I want in the room beside the necessary hospital staff! They both did such a great job last time. My mom just always knows the right thing to say, and DH massages and rubs my back etc. Funny thing is after they broke my water last time I had DH come into the bathroom with me to help clean me up....and as I walked out I got my first insanely painful contraction and I dropped to the floor.....DH went down with me fast and his pants ripped! my mom had to take over so he could change his pants and comfort me through my epidural lol

CafeMom Tickers
K.a.C.87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:07 PM

my df will be the number 1. but my sister and mom are going to be there for me too....im sooooo happy! they finally came around last minute and it means the WORLD to me :) :) im sooo happy

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

sissychristi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:08 PM

LOL! That is so awesome. Souonds like you have a very caring and attentive coach!

Quoting Mom2Kylie2708:

My DH and my mom are the only people I want in the room beside the necessary hospital staff! They both did such a great job last time. My mom just always knows the right thing to say, and DH massages and rubs my back etc. Funny thing is after they broke my water last time I had DH come into the bathroom with me to help clean me up....and as I walked out I got my first insanely painful contraction and I dropped to the floor.....DH went down with me fast and his pants ripped! my mom had to take over so he could change his pants and comfort me through my epidural lol

Mommyathome2
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:11 PM

My husband will be my coach for the 3rd time.  No classes, but he knows how to push me and keep me focused.  He's my rock :)  I love him.

cristina0709
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:20 PM
im not pregnant any more but df was my labor coach. he went to every class with me. he was great! (even though he only had to do it for 2 1/2 hours)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Wanna read my birth story? Check out my profile!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)