Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

co-ed baby showers ~ yay or nay

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:33 PM
  • 14 Replies

What are your thoughts on co-ed baby showers?

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thesphinx1989
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:35 PM

think they're awesome. 

CafeMom Tickers
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I'm having a summer baby, so we're having a bbq. There will be women and men, kids, my SO's nephews, and so on. if we get gifts we get gifts, but at least we'll be celebrating baby :)

CafeMom Tickers

Due in July 2010? Join us here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/108462

boyd-family
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I would not be able to handle mine without DH there, so I love them LOL 

CafeMom Tickers
ready_for2

mine was co-ed. i wanted DH to be there, he is going to b a new parent too and shouldnt miss out on the fun!!

Mom2Kylie2708

I see nothing wrong with it. My DH's aunt threw me my first baby shower and I told her I wanted DH to be there so invite whoever! Dad has just as big a part in my kids lives as I do, so why not allow him to be at the baby shower for the baby he helped make? Saturday is my baby shower for this one...and again, Daddy will be there =]

CafeMom Tickers
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:37 PM

I think it depends on the people, honestly.  If the guys are into it and can be mature about it, I think they're a great thing!  However, my cousin had a co-ed baby shower and it was a disaster...the guys didn't pay any attention to her and her husband, were being rude, and ignoring the fact that this was supposed to be about welcoming the baby...one of the guys even (quite loudly) kept asking when it was going to be over so he could go home.  It was obnoxious. 

LoveMySonPJ
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I agree, I wish I had a co-ed baby shower for my first born but it wasn't as popular then. I'm new to the cafe world whats "DH" stand for? lol.

Dara0820
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Mine is on Saturday, Jan 23rd, and it's coed. My Fiance has a lot more friends than I do in this area, and we figured if we invited his friends then we would get more stuff for the baby :p.

pregnancy

Dara

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Don't take this the wrong way ladies, but I'm not much of a female fan so I'm all for co-ed baby showers... I don't like the cutsie games, I like the idea of EVERYONE getting together to celebrate the baby.

preggomama26
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I think they are a good idea, but my husband says he would rather not go.  .  He said while I am at the baby shower he is going to be at home making me dinner. lol. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)