Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you plan on doing after your baby is born?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:36 PM
  • 36 Replies
What do you plan on doing after your baby is born? Not immediately after the baby is born but long term. Are you going to return to work or stay home?

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CariO.
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I'm a SAHM and will continue to be for quite awhile since we'll soon have 4 children.  :-)  I don't miss my old career at all. 

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:41 PM

With any luck, I'll be starting school a month after my baby's born. I will also be returning to work on the weekends...unless by some miracle my husband's job picks back up and he goes back to making as much as he did a couple years ago.

sissychristi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:41 PM

I will be staying home with my family. I just started making cloth diapers and have quite a few people who want to buy them, so my SO is encouraging me to start a home business so I can be a WAHM too.

Hopefully it will work out. Wish me luck!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

rileysmommy229
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:42 PM

i am a SAHM

Mom2Kylie2708

After I had my daughter I planned on going back to work 30 hrs a week.....but It was too much. I ended up only working on saturdays. I lost my job in march and DH said I might as well not get one. We found out I was pregnant beginning of June and DH got laid off the end of june! Applied everywhere and NOTHING. He ended up going to school so he can get a job in Law enforcement...and has now applied everywhere near by.....and by near by I mean with in 1 1/2/ hrs of here! NOTHING. Looks like shortly after I have my DS we will be moving....and depending on what we find for living arrangements etc I might need to get a job =[ I hate leaving my babies!!!

CafeMom Tickers
rileysmommy229

Good Luck!!!

Quoting sissychristi:

I will be staying home with my family. I just started making cloth diapers and have quite a few people who want to buy them, so my SO is encouraging me to start a home business so I can be a WAHM too.

Hopefully it will work out. Wish me luck!

KairisMama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I'll be home all summer and returning to my teaching position at the end of August.  

Kairi  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
xx_erika
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I will be staying at home with my baby :) I'll be continuing school, but on the reversed schedule of my DH.

pregnancy calendar
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:43 PM

YES! LOL.. No, I actually have a post, kind of about this!

I have to return to work! I don't want to AT ALL but unless we find a cheaper place to live and can cut out 30% of our bills (things that CAN be cut out) then I have to..

PregoDiana
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:44 PM

I will be going back to work again..... =(  But my goal is to be s SAHM, but $$ just isnt there to support our house and lifestyle.  So as my hubby goes up in rank, I want to then be a SAHM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)