Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How was the labor in your subsequent pregnancies?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
How was the labor in your subsequent pregnancies? Shorter, easier.. Longer, harder?

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mrspreggers14
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:45 PM

with my first it was a lot easier then I was expecting!  Woke up at 3 am with labor pains went into the hospital at 7 30 am and had the baby at 9 56 am!  So it was only a 6 hour or so labor..  The onl problem with it was I was prepared to have the pain meds and by the time I got in there I was already to far along to have it..  They said it wouldnt have kicked in on time..  So I did it naturally not by choice because I HAD to..  But we made it out ok!!!

CafeMom Tickers
desertwannab
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:52 PM

My first was long because of induction due to my water being broken for 72 hours.  Super painful super long (16 hrs of actual labor) and needing a vacuum and an episiotomy. (I was 20)

My 2nd was about 5.5 hours and about 35 minutes of pushing and less painful but tearing on top and lots of stitches. (I was 25)

My 3rd was about 4.5 hours and 15 minutes of pushing and pain was ok and no tearing.  (I was 27)

Bren07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:52 PM

my first was 30hrs long..i went in cuz my water broke but they had to use pit to get contractions started. then they had to do an epi cuz my contractions were too strong. almost had a c-section. 45mins of pushing they had to help pull him out and he was born at 9:45am...with my second i went in at almost 2wks over due for an induction..it was 15 hrs long..i was doing well till my water broke and then my contractions we so painful i was crying and had to get an epi for the pain. then finally the doc checked me instead of the stupid midwifes and nurses and he knew the baby wasnt coming out and he was born via csection at 4:54am..surprisingly my csection recovery was faster and easier than my vaginal birth..if i have anymore kids (i want one more baby) i will plan a csection because i am just not built for vaginal birth..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

mommy2bella
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:09 PM

My first labor was 12 hours long with 4 hours of pushing. All natural, no drugs.

My second labor was 2 hours 45 minutes. Only 3 pushes and she was out. All natural, no drugs.

My third is due in April. I'm hoping she isn't born in the car. lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)