Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you start wearing maternity clothes?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:49 PM
  • 22 Replies

How far along were you when you started wearing maternity clothes? What was your first maternity purchase?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lissalynn83
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:53 PM

I was about 4 1/2 months when I started wearing maternity. Honestly, we didn't find out about the pregnancy until 17 weeks lol...and I wasn't really showing then, just thought I had gained some weight. But literally one week later, my pants wouldn't fit and I started showing a LOT really quickly, so I went and got a pair of maternity jeans and two t-shirts.

CafeMom Tickers
mrspreggers14

with my first I believe I started wearing maternity clothes when I was about 4 months along because they were more comfortable then squeezing into my prepregnant pants...  Then with this pregnacy I have already started wearing them (am only 6 weeks) because of comfort reasons again..  My first purchase was a pair of maternity kapris(sp?)..

UMiamiChick5683

I bought some pants probably 3 weeks or so ago? I probably reeeally didn't need them yet...but they're soooo comfortable so I don't care. That's it so far though. Still not really showing so, don't really need them yet I guess.

lilpanda
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I had to get maternity pants at about 12 weeks.  I could still wear my jeans if I wanted.. but they were just tight enough they were no longer comfortable.  So my fist purchase was 3 pairs of jeans on one shirt.. just cuz it was really cute. lol.

expecting boy

CafeMom Tickers
sissychristi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I was uncomfortable in my pants and was unbuttoning them before I knew I was pregnant. The day the test came back positive (I was close to 8 weeks), I bought a pair of maternity pants because I figured I was gonna need them anyway.

I was super bloated early on.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

MarigoldsMama

I'm on my 3rd baby in 3 years... the first baby, I think it was around 4-5 months. The second baby was more like 3 months... with this last one, I think it was a matter of weeks! LOL

CafeMom Tickers
Mandola21

I'm not wearing them lol, haven' found any that fit right so i stick to long shirts and stretchy pants

grapejelly
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:57 PM

i bought my first pair of maternity pant at 7 weeks.. I was really bloated and needed pants to wear to work.

I went back to prepregnancy pants until about 13 weeks.. now I'm in all maternity pants (except my comfy sweat pants) and some tops

CafeMom Tickers

GlowingxMomma
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:57 PM

I was 3 months pregnant. I got jeans because my pants stopped fitting.

asmp11402
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:19 PM

I got the belly band at about 5 weeks, jeans just would not button!! Bought my first pair of maternity pants at about 8 weeks. I started showing very early! Now I'm in nothing but maternity!

Pregnancy%20ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)