Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long was your labor?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:47 PM
  • 23 Replies

How long was your labor for each baby from the time you first felt contractions to the moment you gave birth?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:48 PM

14 hours
8 hours

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

Mom2Kylie2708
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:50 PM

13 hours. It wasnt too bad, then they broke my water and I didnt know what to do with myself! I was in so much pain! Got an epidural about 3 contractions later, and was in heaven! I even got a nap in lol! I am prepared this time to have the anesthesiologist right there so as soon as I clean up from them breaking my water I can have my epidural! If my water breaks at home though, I think I might be so scared of the pain to come that ill faint and wake up in an ambulance! lol.

CafeMom Tickers
southernjess3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:52 PM

first was 4 hours and i never felt a contraction while in labor with her...second was an 18 hour labor..lol

CafeMom Tickers

sissychristi

I am just curious to know what other mommas experiences are. My mom told me today that I was 13 hours, her second was 7 hours, and her last was 4 hours.

I thought it was interesting.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

theladybugscafe

1st 1~ 6 and 1/2 hrs

2nd 1~ 2 and 1/2 hrs

if they get shorter I may have to deliver this one at home!

Ufsz-11u-1_fx1a6nvxvw

Mom2Bria
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Well I started to feel the twinges at like 7am August 4, I didn't deliver until 6:40 pm August 5...So That is what 35 hours.....But the Dr.s notes say I was in active labor for like 8 hours! Figure that out!! haha! I totally didn't feel like I was in labor for 35 hours!! I would agree with the 8-10 hours because I wasn't in pain until the next day! 

breastfeedingbaby girlin loveexpecting baby~*~Holly~*~

Lilypie Maternity tickers
geminishadow79
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:04 PM

my first one I was in labor for two weeks, but never felt any of it.  the worst pain was the boredom of being in the hospital!

my second born just three days ago only five hours, i definitely felt it!

Megara
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:07 PM

13 hours from the time I woke up with contractions to the birth.

NiChOlE06
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:08 PM

i only have one so far and i didn't feel contractions until they broke my water. then i was at 10 cm 20 min later but then they made me wait 20 min until my dr got there to deliver her... so all in all 57 minutes..

cristina0709
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:17 PM

well one day i felt contractions from midnight to 5 am. after that i felt nothing so i though false labor. then the next day i had pretty bad back pain before bed. i thought nothing of it. just the extra weight and ds positioned oddly. the next morning at 7:45 i woke to my water breaking. i didnt feel anything until 8:20 (when i got to the hospital) and it was only in my back, nothing up front. I had ds 10:10 am. i never knew that the other previous days were part of the labor. didnt seem like it. so i only count from my water breaking then on so about 2 1/2 hours. and this was my first one :-) i hope my next one isnt too long lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Wanna read my birth story? Check out my profile!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)