Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maternity band

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone tried a maternity band/belt/girtle?  Any suggestions?  I feel like I could use some extra support and I keep pulling a muscle just below my ribs and am hoping that would help some.  What brands are good?  I'd like something not outrageously expensive.  Under $40 would be great.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Wishing2BMommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I have this one... I got it at Motherhood Maternity for $38.99.  I have a major back injury and the weight of the belly was causing a lot of problems.  My dr. told me to try one.  It has helped a lot, My lower back pain and cramping under the belly is better when I wear it.  GL Mama!!!

P.s.  I don't wear the top band over the belly.  It can be worn under your clothes.

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=922000111&MasterCategory_Id=MC32

Maternity Support Belt

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
wildsissy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:34 PM

I can not say enough about belly bras!! I got one when the belly belt's failed during my first pregnancy 16 years ago.. they are $29 each and are a bra also.. they were originally made for women to work out while preggers but now women wear them all the time.

www.bellybra.com

pregnant belly~~MELISSA PREGGERS WITH OLIVIA DUE 6/20~~

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:08 PM

i got one from motherhood maternity.  however, it only came in one size and i found it squeezed me a little too tight...and i would be considered thin.  so i ended up not really wearing it. 

Jina283
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:22 PM

So I just got my support in the mail.  It is wonderful!  I can already tell a difference.  I can't wait to see how much better work is tomorrow with it.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:25 PM

great!!!  happy you like it!  :)

Quoting Jina283:

So I just got my support in the mail.  It is wonderful!  I can already tell a difference.  I can't wait to see how much better work is tomorrow with it.

mvines1021
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Is there a Mimi Maternaty or Motherhood at your mall?  i got belly bands for $15 each there....I like them because they give support but don't like the feel so i just pull them over the tank top I have on under my shirt!  I also saw belly bands at Target in their maternaty section! Hope that helps! :)

StarMommy06
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I have a bella band from target it was like $16.99

I love love love LOVE it! IDK how I made it through my first pregnancy without one!

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I always wanted to try one but never did. I hope you find a good one!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)