Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Need Some Suggestions

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:55 PM
  • 27 Replies

I am having a baby girl in April and I could really use some name suggestions since my hubby and I can't agree on one. We don't want a name that is really common...we want something new and unique but not one of those weird names!

Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks!!!

pregnant belly

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LSchwarting
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:58 PM

A few of my favorites..... Brylee, Braylee, Ashlyn, Riley

stellarluna
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I love Annalie, Gwendolyn, Lorelei, Elliot, and Clarabelle, all of which I'm not using... I like unique too, but more like unique old-fashioned names, so not sure what style you're looking for... modern, old-fashioned, unisex... ?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

K.a.C.87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:59 PM

my 2 fav girl names are Brielle, Emmalyn, and of course my daughters name....Eliahna :)

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Personally I can't stand most of the "new" names people are using, especially if they have a 'Y' where an 'i' was in the original spelling. It makes me *facepalm*

But then again, we're going with Giada Lucille or Giada Elizabeth. Giada is 'jade' in italian.. I like the name Jade, and this way there won't be a ton of girls her age with the exact same name. Plus, SO has family that still lives in Italy. I think it's nice. :)

CafeMom Tickers

Due in July 2010? Join us here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/108462

onlyjamesgirl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Quoting Pandapanda:

Personally I can't stand most of the "new" names people are using, especially if they have a 'Y' where an 'i' was in the original spelling. It makes me *facepalm*

But then again, we're going with Giada Lucille or Giada Elizabeth. Giada is 'jade' in italian.. I like the name Jade, and this way there won't be a ton of girls her age with the exact same name. Plus, SO has family that still lives in Italy. I think it's nice. :)

We were going to name our daughter Jade but it seems as though EVERYONE is naming their daughters Jade.

K.a.C.87
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:06 PM

lol what are names that had a Y that are using and I ?

Quoting Pandapanda:

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

amy31308
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:07 PM

We're naming our daughter Emma Lee

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

pregowithfifth
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:08 PM

love the name Jaylene

Kbabyz2
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I have a Kalei, Kamri, Kloei and an Ariah and if this one is a girl her name is going to be Makenli.

lauratupper
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:10 PM

if i was having a girl i was going to name her leila (layla)...but i am having a boy....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)