Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:42 PM
  • 14 Replies

What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? Was it a craving or just a whim?

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetjessa
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:46 PM

ox tail soup yummmmmmy

Pregnancy ticker
Robbiesmommy99
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:15 PM

K, now this is going to be gross, but I totally had a craving for pickles with peanut butter.  Sadly I found out five months ago that I am allergic to peanuts so I tried to come up with an alternative.  Suddenly I saw the can of hershey's chocolate syrup and just couldn't resist.  Yes, I ate pickles covered in chocolate syrup.  It tasted great at first,  but only last three pickles before I started getting queasy. lol

doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Jellyfish.   I think it was raw...

It was one of those, "they are looking at me and expecting me to eat and enjoy it..."   lol!    (In Hong Kong)

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

mbelle25
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:18 PM

When I was pregnant my favorite thing to eat was beef jerky dipped in the french onion dip for chips. And Ive been a vegetarian for the better part of 14 years!

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:17 AM

was it good? Did you fake a smile? *giggle* We have a restaurant here in our town that is Chinese. They stand over you and watch you eat and keep telling you to eat more. It's kinda crazy. LOL!

Quoting doulala:

It was one of those, "they are looking at me and expecting me to eat and enjoy it..."   lol!    (In Hong Kong)

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:17 AM

wow! I have never heard of such a thing.

Quoting sweetjessa:

ox tail soup yummmmmmy

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:18 AM

chocolate makes everything taste yummy! maybe even picklessurprise mini

Quoting Robbiesmommy99:

K, now this is going to be gross, but I totally had a craving for pickles with peanut butter.  Sadly I found out five months ago that I am allergic to peanuts so I tried to come up with an alternative.  Suddenly I saw the can of hershey's chocolate syrup and just couldn't resist.  Yes, I ate pickles covered in chocolate syrup.  It tasted great at first,  but only last three pickles before I started getting queasy. lol

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:19 AM

that actually sounds good! I might try that one :-)

Quoting mbelle25:

When I was pregnant my favorite thing to eat was beef jerky dipped in the french onion dip for chips. And Ive been a vegetarian for the better part of 14 years!

doulala
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:35 AM

The only flavor was the oil (I am guessing something like toasted sesame oil).  It was rubbery & very slippery and I had to use chopsticks which I didn't know how to use, lol!     I felt like a total disaster.   lol!!
It was one of those things that's given as an appetizer, you don't order it...   it just comes.   So while I was waiting for my meal, this came.

Quoting housefullofkidz:

was it good? Did you fake a smile? *giggle* We have a restaurant here in our town that is Chinese. They stand over you and watch you eat and keep telling you to eat more. It's kinda crazy. LOL!

Quoting doulala:

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

Austinsmommy126
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Nothing too weird....one of my favorites when I was preggo with our first was french fries dipped in refried beans.  I still think it sounds yummy, although some would disagree :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)