Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just bloody show?? *update in comments*

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:01 PM
  • 10 Replies

so for two weeks now.. I have been losing my mucus plug and having some blood tinged discharge.. Which I know is also considered your bloody show..

Well this morning when I was going potty, I had a good amount of red blood come out.. like i was peeing out my period.I had to use nearly 20 pieces of toliet paper to keep wiping..

So I called my doc office, and they told me to go straight to the hsp.. not only did i sit in the waiting room for 20 minutes.. than they left me in the room for nearly an hour before someone finally came in to check it out... Mind you there were only 2 other women there to be seen in that part...

By then, the blood did stop, and when she checked me, there was just some brown discharge that came out..

Now I went from being 0 dialated on tuesday, to 1.5 on thusday, and now 3 today...

They didn't do an ultrasound or anything knowing I bled, cause they think i'm crazy apparently, as all she seen was brown and was like this is just bloody show...

A lot of people are shocked they didnt just induce me.. as I have been severly depressed the last few days and the fact that I had blood.. and I dialated so much so fast... Obvously my body is ready.. They could have atleast stripped my membranes.. that will only work if your body is ready and isnt going to harm anything...

So I have a doc appt tomorrow.. only it isnt with my doc, I have to meet one more doc in the office in case mine isnt on call when things dohappen... Should I demand to aleast talk to my doc and let him know how I am feeling and see what he can do to help me get things going? Or should I suck it up and deal with it... For 3 days now, I have been un-social, I cry a lot of no reason and I am just done with this pregnancy.. I feel so angry and depressed... And it ticked me off cause the nurse kept counterdicting herself.. she was like we dont like to induce unless a woman is 39 weeks unless medically neccessary... or if they are atleast 3 cm.. umm.. hello they other nurse just told me i was 3 cm.. and than she became speechless and didn't know what to say... than they giveme discharge papers with a list of symptoms to watch for.. literally half of the list, I am experiencing.. so why arent they doing anything for me???

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvinNiklaus
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:02 PM

bump

Jaxonsmom19
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:10 PM

DEMAND TO TALK TO YOUR DR! You should be induced!

sids ribbonSupporting Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness in Memory of My Son, Jaxon Elijah. Stillborn September 5th,2008. Forever loved and missed!

doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I think you should talk with your doctor.

What is going on might be "normal" stuff...   but you should have the conversation with your doctor so you can feel better.

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

MandaD1224
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:17 PM

If you feel that strongly about it, I would demand to talk to your doctor.  I can't imagine having to see a different doctor!!

As far as being induced, I myself have mixed feelings about it. Since you are dialating on your own and there hasn't been any other bleeding- I myself don't think that I would want to be induced. From everyone that I have talked to that has been induced- they say it is so much more difficult that just letting your body go through it naturally. But it is all personal preferance as well as something you should talk to your doctor about.

Good Luck!!

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:02 AM

I would give your dr. a call. It won't be much longer and you will have that sweet baby.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

LuvinNiklaus
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I went to the doc today.. and my doc actually re finigled his schedule so he would be the one seeing me..

He checked me.. he thinks i'm only a 1/2 cm dialated.. he says that different people have a different way of checking.. he barely touches the cervix to see how far open it is.. and he said the nurse at the hospital probably stretched it to see how much it opens.. SO I don't know what to think anymore at this point...

I went from being let down and depressed.. to slightly hopeful about my appt.. to being even more let down today..

I dont understand how there can be such a big difference between two people on how far i'm dialated.. I just want this baby out of me.. I'm severely miserable.. I have so much pressure down there, my hemmroids are flipping huge and hurt really bad, I feel like my husband roughed me up down there (mind you he hasn't)... and just in the past hour now, I have been experiencing severe cramping.. that i'm trying to just ignore as I was just at the hosp yesterday and just at the doc office today.. everyone seems to think i'm crazy and that they baby isnt coming anytime soon...

So why so much mucus plug loss, so much bloody show and why the big blood loss yesterday.. I dont get it.. you would think it was time!

2009mami2alex
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM

thats EXACTLY how ive been the last 2 weeks, seriously u described it perfectly , only i was a good 4 cm dilated... SEX SEX AND MORE SEX im telling u, even though its uncomfortable it works, i had sex the other night with hubby, pretty rough, and instantly when we were done contractions started , and back pain, i had my daughter the next afternoon [yesterday]  sex works! lol 

Quoting LuvinNiklaus:

I went to the doc today.. and my doc actually re finigled his schedule so he would be the one seeing me..

He checked me.. he thinks i'm only a 1/2 cm dialated.. he says that different people have a different way of checking.. he barely touches the cervix to see how far open it is.. and he said the nurse at the hospital probably stretched it to see how much it opens.. SO I don't know what to think anymore at this point...

I went from being let down and depressed.. to slightly hopeful about my appt.. to being even more let down today..

I dont understand how there can be such a big difference between two people on how far i'm dialated.. I just want this baby out of me.. I'm severely miserable.. I have so much pressure down there, my hemmroids are flipping huge and hurt really bad, I feel like my husband roughed me up down there (mind you he hasn't)... and just in the past hour now, I have been experiencing severe cramping.. that i'm trying to just ignore as I was just at the hosp yesterday and just at the doc office today.. everyone seems to think i'm crazy and that they baby isnt coming anytime soon...

So why so much mucus plug loss, so much bloody show and why the big blood loss yesterday.. I dont get it.. you would think it was time!

Armymom134
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Quoting 2009mami2alex:

thats EXACTLY how ive been the last 2 weeks, seriously u described it perfectly , only i was a good 4 cm dilated... SEX SEX AND MORE SEX im telling u, even though its uncomfortable it works, i had sex the other night with hubby, pretty rough, and instantly when we were done contractions started , and back pain, i had my daughter the next afternoon [yesterday]  sex works! lol 

Could you tell this to my husband when it comes time for me to have my baby. He is one of those husbands who think they are hurting the baby when we have sex. I have told him and told him that he isn't hurting me or the baby but he is in his own world I guess.

I know this might sound hard to do, but keep busy doing things. Walk as much as possible without hurting yourself. With my last daughter I would just walk up and down the stairs and walk all over our house. It helped me to dialate, its also good for you to exercise as well. Have sex as much as you can stand, that will help thin out your membrane and it should help you to start contracting. I had a induction with my last daughter and I will NEVER do it again. It was the most painful experience I've ever had. The contractions were so unnatural to me, they were every 2 minutes and they were HARD contractions. The epidural I had didn't even work for me. If you are 39 weeks or closer to your due date ask if they will strip your membrane and maybe that will get things started for you. I had that done with my first daughter and it wasn't painful at all, just a tad bit uncomfortable, my OB had me walk around for a while and then go to L&D to be checked. I was admitted and had my first daughter. If this baby doesn't come on her own, which i have a feeling she will, I will ask my OB to strip my membrane to get things started.

Armymom134
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:53 PM

By the way, how many weeks are you? 

LuvinNiklaus
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 6:14 PM

I'm only 37 weeks.. but it was put in my head that I wouldn't carry a full term baby.. I have had a lot of problems.. therefore it feels like an eternity that I have been pregnant.. and with all the things going on with my body, it got me all excited that I could finally have my body back.. Maybe poop normal again without having painful hemmroids.. I literally have had to dig my poo out  (TMI, sorry), because of the meds im on to keep food down...  I also have gall stones and cant wait to get my gall bladder out as it has caused many problems in itself.

I know I sound selfish and I should be greatful that he is just staying in and baking, but I'm just far from done...

This was a very unplanned pregnancy, so I dont want to hear I know what I signed up for.. cause I didn't sign up for it.. I'm in shock that I conceived with a condom.. being it took 16 months to conceive my first.. and I was told I may never have kids in the first place due to a bi-cornate uterus...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)