Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy makes me need glasses.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

When I am pregnant I have vision issues.    (Not spots like with blood pressure, but just fuzzier...)   
After delivering my vision improves.

Anyone else have this issue??

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brianahernandez
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:30 PM

I do too!!! Oh BOY do I!!! LOL! I've heard that a lot though-vision changes in pregnancy. I want to go get glasses but I want to wait until after she is born b/c I know the Rx will be TOO strong. :)  

Our Princess Isabelle....our precious goofball!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
wildsissy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:31 PM

I remember my sister having to get her contacts changed while preggers.. something about the curve of your eye changes???

pregnant belly~~MELISSA PREGGERS WITH OLIVIA DUE 6/20~~

JHall
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:34 PM

I wonder why that is??  Mine is crazy it takes me forever to read anything small  cause I just can't focus and it all blurs together. On top of the fuzziness my eyes seem to want to go all dizzy like they are twitching or something. It doesn't happen often but when it does it bugs the crap out of me.

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
CheyanneW
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Yes my prescription has changed each time I have been pregnant.  My eye doc has said that is normal.  I am due for my annual eye appt but am hesitant to go in.  I am only 16 weeks and I would hate to get a prescription now and then after baby comes it changes again and my insurance only pays for one visit a year.

BTW I am having bp issues and each time I go in and they ask if I am having vision problems I always say I don't know.  I have bad eyes anyways.  Had LASIK 5 years ago and they are rapidly getting worse again.

Sekzymexi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Yes same here...Im totally blind right now :)

KrystalY
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I actually quit needing reading glasses.  LOL.  Now that I've delivered I need them again (very low prescription) 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:37 PM
Quoting CheyanneW:Had LASIK 5 years ago and they are rapidly getting worse again.

I never realized that happened~    that sucks!!!

:-(

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

aubrees_mommie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:56 PM

I have glasses now but thats just because my vision went from bad to worse adn I finally decided it was time to get them

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:05 AM

yeah my prescription changes slightly during pregnancy too. Thankfully not enought to need new contacts but I will get them checked again about 2 months postpartum.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)