Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth question (hypothetical)--

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:35 PM
  • 23 Replies

Just for fun.   :-D
Let's say you could do ANYthing you wanted in labor--   you could do it ANYwhere, ANYway...     What is "ideal" for you??

Would you want to be lying on your bed on rose petals with violin music?
Outside, under the autumn sunshine in your back yard?
Or penthouse balcony?
Or maybe in a hot tub in your bathroom?
Or do you feel like the hospital is the location of your dreams?   Maybe you prefer surgical deliveries and see the OR as ideal...

So tell us~   in a Perfect World, how would you do it??

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brysonsmama541
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Quoting doulala:

Just for fun.   :-D
Let's say you could do ANYthing you wanted in labor--   you could do it ANYwhere, ANYway...     What is "ideal" for you??

Would you want to be lying on your bed on rose petals with violin music?
Outside, under the autumn sunshine in your back yard?
Or penthouse balcony?
Or maybe in a hot tub in your bathroom?
Or do you feel like the hospital is the location of your dreams?   Maybe you prefer surgical deliveries and see the OR as ideal...

So tell us~   in a Perfect World, how would you do it??

id so do the hot tub while in labor/delivery

CheyanneW
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Okay I am probably the strange one but I look forward to the hospital stay.  I like messes being cleaned up for me and being waited on.  I like that I feel relaxed knowing that no matter what happens they have what they need to take care of us.  I also like to be hooked up to the monitors.  I like to hear the babies heartbeat the whole time.  I like being checked and know how I am progressing.  I am not shy and I speak my mind so I get what I want in the hospital and feel excited to be there.  Then when the baby is born I would love to go home ASAP.  That is when I start to hate the hospital and don't like the nurses hovering and telling me what to do and not do with my baby.

LiznShelk
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I'd love to do it at home with just me and my fiance. I think the birth would go so smooth if I was in a completely comfortable environment.

CurryCurry
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Labor at home (ideally in a tub) until I'm dilated to 8.

Then head to state of the art hospital for delivery.

(my son had shoulder dystocia which could have had severe consequences - thankfully we were at Johns Hopkins, so it was resolved within seconds)

doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Okay--  if we are totally talking hypothetically, I will say, out in the ocean among the waves, the surf, with some loving friends nearby to witness the miracle...   It is a warm, sunny day, and the sea is perfect temp for the baby.
Maybe some dolphins swim past...

;-P

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

Hrivera5
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:25 PM

At home, in a birthing tub watching TV LOL.  I have no idea why, and probably if I was in labor I wouldn't care about the tv...but it sounds so relaxing now because I watch tv at night to relax after the kids are asleep.

but at home...and everyone just leaving me alone :) 

Ati_13
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:26 PM

I think somewhere in the woods would be ideal for me.  Dappled sunshine warming my skin while I hang out in a pool that never cools off :)  Bliss.  Oh, and my husband can come too, but I want the midwife I know from CO.  We moved to AZ and now I have to find an alternate midwife :(

Chrissy9479
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:36 PM

honestly, I had such a great experience at the hospital I delivered at that I would do it there again. It was really great, I did not have 1 bad nurse or anything. even the epidural guy (i cant spell that long word lol) was awesome!  it does help that this hospital is just for women and babies and basically all they do is birth babies there. and they cater to you, all the rooms are private and free room service. and the epidural was great! (i have a very low pain tolerence lol) and the nurses would bring me snacks at 2am :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

marynash88
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I want a homebirth so bad. I would love to know that I can get in the hot shower in darkness just by candle light on my hands and knees with my husband embracing me. I want to know I can go to MY bed where my child was concieved. I want to know that I can eat when my body craves nourishment. I want to feel like birth is a continuation of our bond. Sex does not end with an orgasm ;) And if I lived in a beautiful countryside, I would love to have the option to lay out in the sun. The sun always make me feel so much better.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:48 PM

The birthing tub at my hospital, so that I can labor and relax in the water and after delivery, I can rest and be catered to for a day before I go home.

CafeMom Tickers

Due in July 2010? Join us here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/108462

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)