Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weird question

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

ok i was wonderin if anyone has problems keepin that area trimmed? i cant see it and my belly wont lift up of course. i dont have to have it all gone but i feel disgusting when i feel like my doc can see it! i try to trim it uo without lookinand i end up cuttin myself. my dh has volunteered to help outbut that kinda freaks me out. any suggestions???

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma_2b_2010
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:01 PM

use a mirror! its pretty easy. lol

doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Trimming--   not so bad.    Shaving?   scary.

;-)

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

lmurphy22
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:09 PM

I have that same issue! we have a full legnth mirror and it really bugs me when I see it lol. and you can try to use a mirror but be careful cuz I tried that and because everything in a mirror is backwards I was trying to hard to ompensate for that and I cut myself. If your hubby is willing to help let him. I know its a little wierd but its not like he hasn't seen it before. with my 2nd baby mine helped me with that.

CafeMom Tickers

mwilt
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:12 PM

yeah i tried the mirror but it really didnt work for me!   

lilkgfan
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I shaved while pregnant and once I could no longer see what I was shaving then  I used a mirror. It is a little weird at first but was worth it for me, I felt so much better about myself when I was shaved.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
twixters21
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:16 PM

sorry, i'm no help...i get waxed every 5 weeks!

mwilt
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:21 PM

gosh i cant wax my legs...couldnt imagine waxin there! im a big baby lol. i guess i'll break out the old mirror and try till i get it perfect! 

JHall
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:23 PM

I hate trying to trim there I just get hubbs to do it lol.  I hate going in to see the doc and feel like they are having to fight their way through a jungle. I like to keep the lawn groomed  lol but man it sucks when you can't do it your self.

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
Pandana
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Quoting mwilt:

gosh i cant wax my legs...couldnt imagine waxin there! im a big baby lol. i guess i'll break out the old mirror and try till i get it perfect! 

Any salon that'll wax you down there will trim you down there too, if you just ask them. Just tell them you don't want waxed, you just want a nice trim and need help doing it. I'm sure they'd completely understand. Especially if anyone working there's been pregnant themselves. Waxers often trim the hair first before waxing if it's too long anyway, so it's not a new thing for them....and I doubt if they'd charge you much at all without the actual wax. Then you don't have to worry about letting a man near your nethers with anything sharp (cause that freaks me out too LOL), nor do you have to start practicing yoga with a mirror to reach everything.

Chrissy9479
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:00 AM

omg i totally understand! I went 3 weeks without shaving/trimming because I couldn't even reach down there to do it at the very end and i felt weird having DH do it, so finally a week after Ryan was born i shaved it all off cause it was just so long and i got a new razor blade and had to throw it away when i was done cause it was dull lol.  but yeah go with the mirror thats what i did up until i couldn't reach anymore! good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)