Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can pulling up make your water break?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

whenever i try to reposition my self or get out of bed or...WHATEVER! i have to pull myself up somehow or pull up...can your water possibly break like this? (stupid question?). i mean i'm 37 weeks tomorrow so i'm always afraid i'm going into labor somehow (i know paranoid).

i just wanna know if that's possible. i just have some weird sixth sense feeling that i'll go into labor soon...probably just me.

ALSO! what does amniotic fluid supposed to smell like? because my pee has been clear when i wipe so i can't ever tell and it doesn't really smell all i can smell is the toilet paper. :p

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:20 PM

ive never heard of pulling up breaking the water.  however, i was reaching cleaning once when my water broke...so maybe?  also amniotic fluid doesnt smell at all.  it is very clear and watery unless there is meconium then it is a greenish yellow color.  good luck and congrats on the soon to come baby!

mbelle25
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:24 PM

My water broke when I was laying propped up on pillows on my bed and then pulled myself up to a sitting position! I dont know if it caused my water to break but thats when it happened! I was 38 weeks.

sjump25
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:31 PM

I don't know if pulling up can cause it to break.  I wouldn't think so, but mine broke when I was watching Sex and the City and the episode where Miranda is in the hospital getting ready to have her baby but she needed her water to break first so she was standing there and grunting and kinda pushing I guess and it broke.  So I stood up and tried it and BAM my water broke!  May have been a coincidence, but if it was it was a huge one! lol. 

CafeMom Tickers
doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:31 PM

If it breaks, it was likely a coincidence.   Or it was weak enough that it was probably going to happen soon, anyhow.        ;-)

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

EvanH
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:41 PM

ugh i must just be peeing on myself or something :/

i've been having back pain and some contractions but i think they are just BH ones. maybe my  back was hurting because i was sitting against pillows.

how do you time contractions and stuff like with a stop watch? sometimes i don't know when they end and begin. i just get bad rib pain when i get them and my ligaments hurt.

mbelle25
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Google "contraction timer". There is a website that I used when I had my son to time them...you just click a button when the pain starts and then click again when it stops and then the site makes a little chart for you. I dont remember the name of the site but it should come up in google.

Quoting EvanH:

ugh i must just be peeing on myself or something :/

i've been having back pain and some contractions but i think they are just BH ones. maybe my  back was hurting because i was sitting against pillows.

how do you time contractions and stuff like with a stop watch? sometimes i don't know when they end and begin. i just get bad rib pain when i get them and my ligaments hurt.

Chrissy9479
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:55 PM

heres the contraction timer link

http://contractionmaster.com/

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)