Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In so much pain how can i induce labor on my own?....

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:25 PM
  • 16 Replies

I'm in so much pain & having some contractions but it's been like this for the past couple of days...i'm 37 weeks i can barely walk it hurts so much i can feel that he is as far down as he can be without being out & it feels like he's trying to more...at my last dr appt on tues i was at 2cm...

so i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how i can induce labor, besides walking or having sex...

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babygirl46342
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Bump.. I am soooooooo in the same boat and the pain is unbearable

DayDaysmom19
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:27 PM

I know you're not going to like this, but 37 weeks is still preterm. Let your baby stay in as long as he/she needs to. I know it's no fun, but it's best for your baby : )

doulala
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:28 PM

I would first suggest ways to become more comfortable.  
When the body (and baby) are ready, walking and sex seem to be the most effective methods.     Anything else is not likely to do much.   Castor oil is just too awful, and realllly not worth it if you're not even past your EDD yet.   (Not as likely to work!)

What is going on, pains are from the contractions or is it something else?

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

Soon-2-b-mommie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Actually, as long as you are 37 weeks or more, the baby is considered term. Anything before 37 weeks is premie. I heard somewhere that if you eat a lot of pineapple, I do believe, it should help put you in labor.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:31 PM

No matter what you do, if the baby isn't ready to come the baby won't come. There's a few things that can sometimes help, but more than lkely they're only really effective when labor is about to begin anyway.

Try taking a bath, see if that relieves some of the pain.

CafeMom Tickers

Due in July 2010? Join us here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/108462

chels210
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:31 PM

pineapple, sex, and rasberry tea....at least thats what I've heard.  Maybe your OB will have a little sympathy and strip your membranes.....that sent me into labor the first time

Brokenangel2388
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Well this isn't my first so i know pretty much what all is going on but everything is a lot different then it was with my first...my dr told me the pain is from everything getting ready down there...but ive got cramps contractions & alot of back pain thats y i'm so confused on if i'm acually in labor...when i went to the hospital the other day it was nothing but i'm just so uncomfortable & i know if he comes now he will be oOok...

Momoffive98
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:59 PM

37 weeks to 42 weeks is considered full term.  So I am sure your baby would be fine.  I am pregnant with my fifth baby and nothing worked with any of them (including sex).  However for my forth pregnancy my doctor stripped my membranes and that sent me into labor within a couple of hours.  I think that is your best bet.  And I think most of us have felt this way at the end.  I know I would have done just about anything to go into labor at that time :)

Baby #5!!!!!

Dots Dots Dots Pregnancy Ticker
doulala
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:08 AM
Quoting Brokenangel2388:

Well this isn't my first so i know pretty much what all is going on but everything is a lot different then it was with my first...my dr told me the pain is from everything getting ready down there...but ive got cramps contractions & alot of back pain thats y i'm so confused on if i'm acually in labor...when i went to the hospital the other day it was nothing but i'm just so uncomfortable & i know if he comes now he will be oOok...

For a lot of moms, after the first, the pains get bigger with each pregnancy (as does all that warming-up, showing, etc.)

Your baby might be posterior, not lined up just perfectly, causing back pain.   Have you tried stretches (etc.) to feel better?

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

Mom2Kylie2708
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Try spicy foods. The night I went into labor, I had gone to hooters and i cant even tell yuo how many chicken wings I ate lol. I normally dip them in blue cheese but I was 39 wks 2 days and desperate to get her out, so I was dipping them in more wing sauce!!!! it worked lol.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)