Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spotting during early pregnancy

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hello Ladies

Today twice when I wiped after peeing, I had a few spots of blood on the toilet paper.  It was bright red.  I am only 5 weeks pregnant.  I have not had any cramping or any additional bleeding.  I am still worried though.  Has this happened to anyone?  

I am very confused because with my first pregnancy I did not have any spotting or bleeding at all.  I am going to the doctor tomorrow, and am praying that everything is ok with baby.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AMarineLovesMe
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Spotting early in is normal.  If it becomes more than a few drops or is accompanied with severe cramps then you need to see a doc.

JHall
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I've done it with all 3 of mine. I was like you with my first very worried when I saw that but everything came out fine. With my second I finally got an answer for why that happens and all it is, is where the plecenta places itself.  Sometimes it is just left over blood if you got preg between periods. This one was like that I ended up getting preg between periods and was due to start within a week but instead got preg. I freaked and  called my MIL about it and that is what she told me.

As long as it is just spotting and nothing heavy with cramping I wouldn't be worried about it, just let your doctor know about it they might want to do a U/S to make sure everything is ok. If it keeps happening keep leting them know so they can keep a check on it.

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
kegansmommy1903
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:05 AM

This EXACTLY happened to me. I didnt have ANY spotting with my first pregnancy. And im 8 weeks pregnant now but when i was about 5-6 weeks i started to spot just a little. I went to the ER just to make sure everything was ok. Everything turned out to be A OK. So im sure it will be with you too. They told me its normal!

MrsPeters1012
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Thanks ladies for your replies!  It really eases my mind to know that other women have had this too.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)