Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Swollen Feet???

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 8:06 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok ladies any advice on how to get my feet unswollen, they are huge, i cant put my socks or shoes on because they dont fit right now, and it hurts really bad to even get up and walk to the bathroom, let alone stand and cook dinner or anything else, i have tried putting them up and thats not helping, any other ideas please they hurt they are so HUGE. btw they have been like this for 2 days now. also my oldest step son(12) just asked me why my feet look like meatloafs

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
supernesie
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Compression stockings and elevation.  It KINDA worked for me.  Question though, is your blood pressure high?  Because that can cause swelling like that too.  Mine would look normal when I was lying down in bed in the morning before getting up, and then within the time it took me to go pee and brush my teeth, my feet would be GIMONGOUS again.

CafeMom Tickers

MissiHampt
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 8:10 PM

When you put them up, can you get them above your head?  Like, lay on the floor with your legs up on the couch.  Get someone to give you a nice foot and leg massage while you lay there.

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

angel0185
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Quoting supernesie:

Compression stockings and elevation.  It KINDA worked for me.  Question though, is your blood pressure high?  Because that can cause swelling like that too.  Mine would look normal when I was lying down in bed in the morning before getting up, and then within the time it took me to go pee and brush my teeth, my feet would be GIMONGOUS again.

At my last drs appt 1/18 my blood pressure was fine, its only been high once and when they took it again before i left the office it was fine, not been high since. i noticed the swelling yesterday and when u got up this morning they were still swollen, and i have no where close to get any of the stockings i live 2 hrs from the mall.

angel0185
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Quoting MissiHampt:

When you put them up, can you get them above your head?  Like, lay on the floor with your legs up on the couch.  Get someone to give you a nice foot and leg massage while you lay there.

Im scared to lay down in the floor i dont think that i could get back up!!  i would love a foot massage but hubbys out on the road driving and he wont be back home till sometime this weekend, he has to be home by sunday.

mamabee127
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I had to buy bigger shoes and my feet are still swollen.  My doctor told me to elevate my feet above my heart.  I do not know if it works, my toes look like little cocktail wieneys and im 39 weeks and have been like this since 26 weeks i guess because i work on my feet but try it and see hopfully this helps.

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2010 at 8:37 PM

how is your blood pressure? try and limit your salt intake also and elevate your feet. My feet were so bad my pregnancy with my dd that they resembled memory foam lol

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

sweetpeaberry42
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I was told to drink lots of water and make sure they are elevated.  However, preeclamsia could be a possibility.  I might talk to your doctor just to make sure that it's not- I had it and my legs, ankles and feet got huge and fast.  If not- I reccommend slippers :)

CafeMom Tickers

Annette7931
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 8:45 PM

i was like this the entire last 2 months of my pregnancy... all i could wear were flip flops and even those were kind of tight!  I cut sodium out of my diet, kept them elevated, and all the other advice my mom gave me and nothing worked :(  I ended up icing/heating them and that helped slightly, but it was only noticable to me... everyone else continued to make fun of my feet

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daisypath

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)