Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Water Baby

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 4:27 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hello, I am having my second child and I have been researching the Water Birth. It's a completely natural no drugs or anything. It sounds very exciting to me. With my first I had him in a hospital and waited 12 hours before any medication. I would really like to try this one with out any pain killer and a water birth sounds so relaxing. I don't know how health insurance covers these or even if they do. I always want to do something off the wall or not common and I think this might be the perfect expeicence for mother and baby. Any one else thinking about Water Birth or Mid wife/ home births???
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
texmexmom
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 5:25 PM
call your insurance co and ask!! and then look into the hospital you plan on delivering at or which ones your ob has priviledges at!! this 3rd hospital willlet me labor in a tub if no one else is using it!! lol they only have one and it's 1st come 1st serve!! hope that helps!!
lyndonsmom
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 10:00 PM
I have thought about the water birth.  My husband thinks it weird but they have been in water for 9 months so whats a few more seconds.  Plus I have heard and read that they are less stressful on the baby and its not such a shock for them to go into that.  I think I might actually do it this time.  With my daughter I didn't have drugs and I was in labor for about 15 1/2 hours so I think I could handle it.  I know the more relaxed you are the easier the delivery so its always something good to look into. 
anniefabulous
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 11:59 PM
I gave birth to my third baby in the water and it was a wonderful method of pain management.  We had little Ari at home in a tub that we borrowed from our midwife but we could have bought one.  some hospitals don't allow water births but birth centers do and of course if you have your baby at home you can give birth wherever and however you want...  do good research, read Gentle Birth Choices, it has lots of good information about water birth and out of hospital birth. I had my first baby in the hospital and my second and third at home and i would have to be dead to go back to the hospital.  There is nothing like giving birth in your own room/home with people you love and trust surrounding you.  Good for you for being open to the options. good luck, and TRUST BIRTH
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured