• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could I be prego with twins? Or just normal worries?**UPDATE**

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:31 AM
  • 9 Replies

Well first off, I have 2 boys already 5yr and 16mths...I was very sick with both but didnt have as much cramping as I am with this one. Im peeing MUCH more than I did with the boys...However, Im not AS sick...I did start getting extremely tired, nauseous, and cramping 9dpo and thats when I tested and it was obviousy positive...I have just had a FEELING...Im almost 6wks according to ovulation date. Idk Im just curious if any of you that have twins felt this way too? BTW no history of twins in my family that we know of. My husbands mom was adopted so. Thank you so much.

UPDATE--Well its one baby :D Which is good I would have been stoked for two but Im still stoked for one :D Thats just less prenatal stuff i have to worry about right? Well thank you all for helping me with my anxiousness! Oh and apparently my due date is sept 20th instead of what i thought at sept 23rd so thats cool.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:38 AM

It is very normal for all your pregnancy's to be different. Will you have a dating ultrasound? They should be able to tell you if it;s twins then.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

JHall
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:56 AM

I feel the same way right now lol  I think it's the normal worries.  You know how are we going to handle not one new baby but 2.  I do have a few twins in my family but not many. Right now I am 12 weeks and I am thinking about making a visit with the pregnancy center just for a U/S to make sure everything is ok with baby due to my last baby being born with a defect.  Still waiting on my medicaid card to come before I can see my doctor.

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
doulala
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:21 AM

~I think that if twins run in the family, it is carried down on the mother's side--   so that would be from your side.

Let us know what happens!

:-)

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:48 AM

congrats on the pregnancy!  maybe you can have an early ultrasound and see if there are two! 

Hisservent
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:57 AM

at first, I thought I was having twins because I got my positive at 8dpo....3w1d and with my first pregnancy I didn't get my positive til 15dpo. I was sooo stinkin sick too. I was also so bloated, I looked further along or as if I was having twins. This was me at 5w3d a few days before my first u/s

but that all evened out cause I will be 20 weeks tomorrow and this was me at 19 weeks And the u/s at 6 weeks only showed 1 baby and we're only hearing one heartbeat. Our big u/s is tomorrow.

pregnancy week by weekI'm a Christian, 100% prolife, pro vaccin, natural product using, soy candle buring wahm and wife

katzmeow726
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:59 AM

With my pregnancy I didn't have hardly any MS...just had a couple of days of it.  I did pee a lot though, and started to show right around 11 weeks.  I knew it was twins...just had a feeling.  Sure enough, it was.  My DS and DD just turned 8 months!  So you could be, but then again it could just be the fact that every pregnancy IS different.  You won't know until the US.  But good luck! 
  Oh and I got my BFP at just before 4wks.

sophismom00
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I wondered myself just because the initial bloating from the hormones, which is normal, has made me look not huge but big for only 5 weeks. Plus I am over fatigued. Yesterday i slept in, lounged around the house, and even took a nap and still by 6 pm I was falling asleep at the dinner table. It is getting really ridiculous! lol Would you be excited to have twins. Oh yeah my mom is a twin so that's another thing that makes me worry

momme2anangel
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:08 AM

i have 2 boys and I feel very different with this one VERY different.. I am only 13 weeks and already showing and my levels were high. I had an ultrasound and theres only one.. lol! but everyone keeps saying because its so different they are betting Girl!!! Maybe your having a girl this time then!!!!

twinnmom222
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Quoting doulala:

~I think that if twins run in the family, it is carried down on the mother's side--   so that would be from your side.

You're correct.  The possibility of having fraternal (dizygotic) twins would solely be based on the mother's family history or other factors (such as age) that would cause hyperovulation.  While there are some theories, it's not clear what causes the egg to split with identical (monozygotic) twins, so individuals with a family history of twins is no more likely than an individual with no family history of twins to conceive identical twins.

To the OP:  Just like a single gestation pregnancy every multiple gestation pregnancy is different.  I didn't start feeling sick until around 7 weeks, but once the nausea started it was in full force the entire pregnancy.  At 6 weeks, I had a "feeling" it was twins.  I can't explain why.  There was no rhyme or reason...it was just a feeling.  Hopefully you can convince your OB to give you an early u/s.  Either way....best wishes for a healthy, uneventful pregnancy!  :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)