Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where to even start?....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:05 AM
  • 6 Replies

i have to call the hospital tomorrow at 645 in the morning to see if they have an open bed (we have a very small hospital), if they do have an open bed they will be doing a cervical ripening for me. but i'm not to keen on the idea of being induced i am 11 days past my 40 week mark with hypertension and i am ready for her to be here. i am so nervous and the bad thing is if they don't have an open bed i have to wait all the way until next monday!!! i really hope they have an open bed but i am so scared... i have a 13 month old and i am afraid of things not working out... anyone else past their due date?  i went 17 days over with my first!!! and i am only 1-2cm dialated and 30-40% effaced...

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SamanthaRae_bby
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:22 AM

in all honesty there is no law saying you have to do everything the doctor tells you to do so if you want to wait a few more days you can. but if you cannot be totally relaxed it will be hard for the ripening agent to take effect(sometimes) in which case can make it a longer harder labor if you were to be induced.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:43 AM

Good luck! I will be thinking of you!

 There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

sunshinemama86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:24 AM

why can you only go in on monday? i can not imagine going that far past my due date i had dd at 38 weeks. hope everything works out well.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:34 AM

things will work out!  just hang in there!  hugs!!! 

katzmeow726
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:36 AM

I'm all up for holding off on inductions, but you don't mess around with high BP during pregnancy. Most docs won't let a woman go past 37 weeks if she has pre-e/hypertension because it can get real bad real  fast.  I almost died because I got so sick. If they think an induction is best, in this case I would side with the docs.

faithdeb
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:03 AM

I've also gone over with both, scared to be induced.  I found out with this one that I have Gestational Diabetes and going into labor spontaneously is rare.  I also would be concerned about the BP, as hard and as bad as it might be to be induced, its better than the complications with BP issues.  Good luck.


Have you tried reflexology, have they stripped your membranes, have you been walking?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)