Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worried about my dizziness. help!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:04 AM
  • 8 Replies

so the past few days i've been getting dizzy really easily. if i stand or sit up i get a head rush and get dizzy it also happens if im just laying in bed with my eyes closed and i open them. im 30 weeks and i know dizziness is common but im not sure if i should be getting like that so easily. just sitting here i got dizzy when i lifted my head up. im worried and i dont know if i should be or if its just normal. do any of you have this problem?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
armywifenmom09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:09 AM

I would ask about it. Dizziness is normal but that seems a little extreme to me. But then again I've had dizzy spells so bad this pregnancy that I've had weeks at a time that I can't drive or be in a vehicle, chase my toddler, anything that involved a quick movement. 

katzmeow726
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:15 AM

I had really bad dizzy spells with my pregnancy.  When you get up, do it in stages, and stretch as you go.  It will help.  As for laying down, not sure about that.  But I would mention it to your doc at your next appointment.  If there are other questionable symptoms, though, i would call. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:22 AM

it seems to me that you are getting dizzy way too often.  i would definately call your doc.  it very well could be a blood sugar or blood pressure issue.  maybe try drinking and eating something and see if that helps any.  i hope it gets better!!

grapejelly
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I'd definitely call the doctor.  I had 1 dizzy spell and told my OB nurse line about it and they said to call ASAP if it happened again.  So I'd say since it happens so often for you to call.  It might be blood pressure or blood sugar issues like a PP said..

Good Luck and let us know how you are doing!!

CafeMom Tickers

soldiersbaby
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM

deffently go ask because ya its normal to get dizzy but it could be something bad. go see ur doc and congrats :D

mrs.phillips123
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM

this has been happening to me also. i also start seeing spots and everything goes a bit dim and i get hot sometimes with it also. i c alled my ob on fri and am waiting to hear back. the nurse told me it could be anything from vertigo, high bp, blood sugar to just normal hormones. she also told me to write it down each time it happens. when i hear back from them i will get back on here and let you know what they said. good luck mama take care 

Wife to Matt and Momma to Latham James 2 in February, and another on the way due July 22nd!

hannamanmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I have these symptoms when my blood pressure gets too high. I would suggest getting checked out asap!

Quoting mrs.phillips123:

this has been happening to me also. i also start seeing spots and everything goes a bit dim and i get hot sometimes with it also. i c alled my ob on fri and am waiting to hear back. the nurse told me it could be anything from vertigo, high bp, blood sugar to just normal hormones. she also told me to write it down each time it happens. when i hear back from them i will get back on here and let you know what they said. good luck mama take care 

hannamanmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Like PP said, it could be either blood sugar or blood pressure. If you're not too far from your doctor's office, call and ask if they can check your blood pressure or check it every time you go into a store-- walmart, walgreens, target, etc. I hope you start feeling well soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)