Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so im a bit of a worrier update

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:23 AM
  • 6 Replies

ok so I  will be 22wks tom and  anyways  my  little one got in bed with me last night  bc she was having  bad dreams well i woke up to check on her again and I realized i was sleeping on my  back. the  baby hasnt  moved  this  morning  but sometimes  I cant feel baby moving until later  in the  day should I be worried  or am i being  dramatic?

update : I  believe I am going to worry myself to death .. lol  the baby has been  moving a  bit after i  typed  this  post . im driving myself  crazy thanks  ladies!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:27 AM

i find myself occasionally sleeping on my back too.  so in my past pregnancies, ive done a lot of research and questions my health care ppl, and the overall concensus was that our bodies will move us into a different position if harm is being done to us or the baby naturally.  so i wouldnt worry too much about you sleeping position esp if it was prob just for part of the night anyhow.  however, if you havent felt the baby and normally you feel the baby pretty regularly, i would give a call to your doc and see if they can fit you in to hear the heart beat.  and then you can ask about the sleeping on the back to ease your mind.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:29 AM

i just reread your post...so you feel the baby at certain parts of the day versus others?  babies develop their own schedules...so i think it is normal for them to move at different points of the day.

mommy2girls0305
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Quoting meam4444:

i find myself occasionally sleeping on my back too.  so in my past pregnancies, ive done a lot of research and questions my health care ppl, and the overall concensus was that our bodies will move us into a different position if harm is being done to us or the baby naturally.  so i wouldnt worry too much about you sleeping position esp if it was prob just for part of the night anyhow.  however, if you havent felt the baby and normally you feel the baby pretty regularly, i would give a call to your doc and see if they can fit you in to hear the heart beat.  and then you can ask about the sleeping on the back to ease your mind.

For some reason this pregnancy has me  being a worrier  i wasnt with my  other to so i dont  know why I am this time. yup  It was only for a little  while   . sometimes i think i completly  over react  lol but  I think things are  fine just me  being crazy hormonal and pregnant

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:40 AM

i definately over react too (so you're not alone)!  i think it is our way of doing everything i our power to make sure our baby is perfectly fine and healthy.  so there is no wrong with that!  :)

Quoting mommy2girls0305:

Quoting meam4444:

For some reason this pregnancy has me  being a worrier  i wasnt with my  other to so i dont  know why I am this time. yup  It was only for a little  while   . sometimes i think i completly  over react  lol but  I think things are  fine just me  being crazy hormonal and pregnant

Tiffaney2004
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:46 AM

I sleep on my back on and off all the time and never have any problems. Baby still moves as much as ever. And before someone freaks out on me LOL!, I wanna say that this isn't all night but sometimes I will wake and find myself on my back. Instead of freaking out though I just roll on my side. I did the same thing with my DD and the pregnancy went fine and she was a healthy baby. It's almost impossible to sleep every night on one side or the other, your body is gonna find ways to be comfortable while you are sleeping, so it is bound to occasionally happen. I wouldn't worry too much unless there is a significant reduction in movement.

aniyabel
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:49 AM

I wouldn't worry too much.  I've never been a back sleeper but my dr said that if you wake up on your back to just switch to your side.  And at 22 weeks a lot of your baby's movement will still be sporadic so I don't think you have anything to worry about--but you can always ask your doctor.

I'm a worrier too so I feel you:)  I'm almost 34 weeks and oh so ready to be done....

Quoting mommy2girls0305:

ok so I  will be 22wks tom and  anyways  my  little one got in bed with me last night  bc she was having  bad dreams well i woke up to check on her again and I realized i was sleeping on my  back. the  baby hasnt  moved  this  morning  but sometimes  I cant feel baby moving until later  in the  day should I be worried  or am i being  dramatic?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)