• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not very big....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:56 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm around 21 weeks pregnant and I'm barely showing.  I wouldn't be too concerned about it except this is my 5th pregnancy--and I got HUGE with all the others!!! The only pregnancy I didn't show for a long time was my first--I didn't start showing with her until I was around 7 1/2 - 8 months. 

I'm 5'10, not overweight and in fact, I'm rather slim normally.  You can tell I've gained weight, but can't tell it's baby.  It's soooo weird!!

Anyone else like this??

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:57 AM

i dont have that problem.  but i find it interesting that you got big with the others but not this one.  maybe your body is carrying the baby similar to the way it carried your first baby?

Tiffaney2004
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Are you and the doctor 100% sure about your due date? Maybe it is off slightly...that would be my only guess besides the obvious...that baby is just small. That is strange though.

purplemoosemom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Who knows!  I was going to post a pic in the Junebugs group and haven't done it yet! Been sick : (

Quoting meam4444:

i dont have that problem.  but i find it interesting that you got big with the others but not this one.  maybe your body is carrying the baby similar to the way it carried your first baby?

Hisservent
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:01 AM

do you have a pic. I talked to a lady on a different website who was already like 25 weeks with her 3rd and not showing at all. I don't have that problem. I started showing almost immediately, although most of it was bloating. lol 

pregnancy week by weekI'm a Christian, 100% prolife, pro vaccin, natural product using, soy candle buring wahm and wife

purplemoosemom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Oh yes.  I got pregnant after I had my tubes cut, tied and burned.  I nursed my dd until she was 12  months, was pregnant w/in a month.  I had 1 period and have had TONS of ultra sounds. 

Quoting Tiffaney2004:

Are you and the doctor 100% sure about your due date? Maybe it is off slightly...that would be my only guess besides the obvious...that baby is just small. That is strange though.

marriedmomma3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Baby is probably sitting at your back.  I am freakin HUGE and I wish I was one of those petite moms.  My stomach has been described as "gravite defying" ;lol

pregnancy

baby

babies
faithdeb
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I have done just the opposite I was big with my first, bigger with my second and now I'm as big as I was when I delivery my girls but I still have another month to go.  I think every baby is different and every pregnancy is different so they don't compare.  I'd bring it up to the doctor just to be on the safe side.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)