• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Intimacy ?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:11 AM
  • 3 Replies

I am only 5 weeks, i think (going to the dr today), and my husband and I had intercourse last night, missionary, but he kind of has a belly and it was pushing into mine...is this okay or will it harm the baby? And if not now,  will it later?

What is the recommended position for intercourse while pregnant?

Or is it even okay to have intercourse while pregnant?

~Married since 10.17.09~ 

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:22 AM

there is enough padding to protect the baby.  so dont worry.  as far as positions, we do the side to avoid the belly.  it is mainly for comfort reasons than anything for the belly.  and it is perfectly ok to have intercourse when preggers too...unless you are given orders from your doc not to. 

L_Alvarez09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:29 AM

its fine my husband has a little bit of a belly and my doc said it was ok. Positions are prob best like on your side and from behind if your comfortable with it. An plus when you get bigger I know how it feels to not "be sexy" with this huge belly. So from behind your belly is away from your husband and all he can see is your sexy part of your body. But for the most part missionary until your about 3 months or so should be ok.

JHall
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:01 AM

So not going to harm the baby but later on when you get bigger it will probably get uncomfortable for you andmaybe for him.  Your baby is protected no worries there. As far as sex  goes it is totally fine while pregnant and even asked once you get to your due date it is said to kick start labor well as long as you are getting close to starting it on your own.  Congrats on the good news!!!

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)