Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone ever had the umbilical cord get in the way of determining sex? Poll

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think our chances are of finding out the sex at the next u/s?

Options:

I would guess the umbilical cord general stays in the same area so it may just be a surprise baby!!

Umbilical cord mover from day to day so as long as the baby cooperates in every other way you should find something out!

I don't know...good luck!!

Other Please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

I had an u/s done at 13wks 6 days and the umbilical laid just perfectly between his or her legs. I am curious if anyone else had this happen and if so did the umbilical cord eventually move. I am 16 wks 3 days and I have my next u/s at 19 wks 3 days and I am wondering what the chances are of the umbilical cord moving? What do you think?

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kstailey
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:08 AM

nope he gave everyone a clear view the first time, and then when i went to my drs office to get one done he had his legs wide open showing every one :-( although i wish it was just the cord, i wanted a girl :-(

JHall
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Lets hope you get to see something this time!!  Mine liked to be on the move so the cord was always some where different.  My second DD liked to her her cord in front of her face I guess she was playing with it or something.  As for telling the sex neither of them were shy about letting us know hey lookie we're girls. Bam in your face type of stuff our oldest DD still isn't shy she'll be butt naked in a heart beat.   Good luck I hope you get to find out this time!!!

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM

your baby is constantly swimming around...so i would think it would move out of her legs.  i hope you can find out the gender!! :)  my baby wouldnt cooperate at my last u/s, so feb 4th!  im hoping the baby is good and cooperates on his/her position (although an early u/s said it was a boy...but i need just the verification!)

grapejelly
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:34 AM

i hope he/she cooperates for you!

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)