• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Benadryl safe during pregnancy?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM
  • 19 Replies

Is benadryl safe during pregnancy?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kendrab
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I had a terrible rash/hives when I was pregnant with my first son and I went to the dr and they told me to take benadryl.  It just made me feel really funny when I woke up the next morning.

Erika2408
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:21 AM

I was told yes by my doctor, but I would call and ask a nurse first to make sure.

CafeMom Tickers
babies
kstailey
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:22 AM

yes, that and zyrtec! and a few others but i cant think of them right now.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:22 AM

ive been told yes before but i would call a nurse line just to make sure.

Quoting Erika2408:

I was told yes by my doctor, but I would call and ask a nurse first to make sure.

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:22 AM

I wish I could call.... we are still trying to figure out the insurance situation :(

Quoting Erika2408:

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM

did you take 2 or 1?

Quoting kendrab:

I had a terrible rash/hives when I was pregnant with my first son and I went to the dr and they told me to take benadryl.  It just made me feel really funny when I woke up the next morning.

ryandysprncss
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:26 AM

I saw my ob for an appt on Thursday for 34 weeks and I asked her what I could take for a cold I had and she said to dry up my nose take benadryl. Just follow the directions and dont take any more than that says. And I have to say I felt so much better on Friday. Although it helped that hubby let me go to bed at 8 o'clock Thursday and then I slept till 7 the next morning lol.

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:30 AM

great thanks :) I have "cedar fever" and EVERYTHING itches. Im glad you feel better!

Quoting ryandysprncss:

I saw my ob for an appt on Thursday for 34 weeks and I asked her what I could take for a cold I had and she said to dry up my nose take benadryl. Just follow the directions and dont take any more than that says. And I have to say I felt so much better on Friday. Although it helped that hubby let me go to bed at 8 o'clock Thursday and then I slept till 7 the next morning lol.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:33 AM

if you want to call, i would call the clinic you want to go to and explain your situation...they should be able to help you.  or if you have an old OB doc that you used to see with one of your previous pregnancies.   good luck!

Quoting sparklebug86:

I wish I could call.... we are still trying to figure out the insurance situation :(

Quoting Erika2408:

ryandysprncss
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Quoting sparklebug86:

great thanks :) I have "cedar fever" and EVERYTHING itches. Im glad you feel better!

Quoting ryandysprncss:

No problem. I actually had only taken Sudafed trying to get rid of it for 4 days and I was still miserable and she said to call in next time and she would let me know what I could take. She knows I have two other kiddos at home and being sick for over 24 hrs isn't an option for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)