Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wipes for your Newborn?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM
  • 23 Replies

What kind/brand of wipes are you planning on (or have started) using for your newborn?

It's been 2yrs since I've had a newborn and I totally DON'T remember what we used so I'm wanting to get an idea of what everyone else is using so that I know what to start stocking up on. :o)

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:29 AM

I always use either Seventh Generation or Earth's Best.  I try to stay as natural as I can.  Also, the ingredients in the wipies are pretty simiple which I like because then I feel okay washing their faces and hands with them.  Just a personal preference of mine.

jupiter84
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:32 AM

We use cloth wipes as well as cloth diapers.  My kids tend to have sensitive skin so we just use plain ole water and a cloth wipe or wash cloth. 

Des10ed2b
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:34 AM

i make my own! that way i dont have to worry about the nasty formaldehyde or the alcohol drying out his skin or making a diaper rash worse. plus it saves me a ton of money.

i am a proud mommy of 1 ornery 1 year old little boy and one very goofy 4 year old little girl, ive been married for 2 years, together for almost 5. fun loving, eco-friendly, creative,different strokes work for different folks, stay at home and work at home mommy!

http://www.PerfectWorkForMoms.com     http://www.HealthySafeAndClean.com

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:35 AM

How do you make your own and is it cheaper than buying them?

Quoting Des10ed2b:

i make my own! that way i dont have to worry about the nasty formaldehyde or the alcohol drying out his skin or making a diaper rash worse. plus it saves me a ton of money.

heavensdaughter
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I use flannel wipes.  Then I have a spray bottle with 2 cups water, 1 tsp johnson's baby wash and 1/2 tsp baby oil. 

Caligurl19
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:36 AM

i just went and bought the 1000 pack of wipes from costco they are huggies i still have my son who is 2 in diapers and we use either parents choice or huggies with him i am stacking up on wipes and diapers so i will have enough for when the baby gets here

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM

We buy the Kirkland (Costco brand) wipes for Elijah; the Huggies seemed to irritate his skin a bit.. I just didn't know if it would be ok to use on a newborn or not as they tend to have more sensitive skin than a 2yr old.

Quoting Caligurl19:

i just went and bought the 1000 pack of wipes from costco they are huggies i still have my son who is 2 in diapers and we use either parents choice or huggies with him i am stacking up on wipes and diapers so i will have enough for when the baby gets here

startingover5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Huggie's sensitive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Twinboysmom22
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I have always been a pampers one.  I use pampers sensitive for like the first two weeks, then go to the regular pampers after.

noahsmom101402
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I use pampers wipes. My daughter cant use anything else.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)