Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mackenzie arrived early!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:34 AM
  • 18 Replies

sorry I am just now posting.....

My daughter Mackenzie Marie was born on Tuesday, January 19, 2010, and has quite the story to go with her.

I was over at my parents because my mom was watching my 2 year old son Roman, so I could take a nap---he is STILL not sleeping through the night, crazy, I know. I woke up around 2pm feeling minorly crampy.... but nothing significant that I hadn't felt in the last few weeks. I thought maybe i had gas or something, so I went to the bathroom. Well, it all intensified by like 100 that fast! So by 2:15pm, I had called my hubby at work and told him he needed to get to the hospital, because that is where I was headed! Unfortunately, due to all the H1N1 nonsense, my son could not come to the hospital, nor could my mom's other kids (she adopted 6!!).... so of course at the time we needed to go, they were getting ready to come off the bus from school....so we had to find a neighbor who could take them for us. Once that was settled, we were on our way.... my ob is located within the hospital, on the 3rd floor--L&D is on the 2nd floor. Called the OB office at 2:42pm en route to see if my OB was on call.... she was not, but said she'd be there for me anyway... but wanted me to come see her in the office first. Umm, crazy, because this little girl wanted OUT!! I get up to the OB office, contracting like crazy, and they put me in an exam room and start asking questions.... which i could not answer because I was in immense pain from the intense contractions. Nurse said when I could to get undressed waist down so they could check me.... all the while i am yelling out in pain.... apparently my OB was not *really* told that I was coming, because she said she heard someone yelling and wanted to try to help them.... well turns out it was me! She checks me and says "yep, you are fully dilated...i see and feel head!" Buttons are pushed, tons of people are running around everywhere...I am being told not to push (what a joke!) they make me transfer onto a gurney that seriously was like the size of a football field.... it was ridiculous! They maneuver the gurney out the exam room door in hopes of making it down to L&D, all the while I am yelling that I HAVE to push.... they keep teling me not to..... I look at my OB and tell her it's time, i have to do this.... so she agreed, told everyone to stop and go back in the room, were having this baby right here! My doctor, who was not on call, nor was she ready to deliver a baby, kicked off her shoes, hiked up her "favorite" skirt, and jumped up on the end of the huge gurney..... two pushes, Mackenzie Marie was born 4 weeks 2 days early at 3:06pm in the OB office! It was all so intense!!

Mackenzie was 6lbs 3oz, and was 19.25in.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2girls0305
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:37 AM

wow she has quite a story to tell  lol she is beautiful  hun congrats!

HeidiLong07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Congrats!  What a crazy story...LOL!

Nichole2270
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:41 AM

OH MY! SHE IS ADORABLE!

jalikym
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Wow!! She is beautiful. Such a blessing too.  Congrats.  Amazing Story. 

lilmommagowan
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Quoting jalikym:

Wow!! She is beautiful. Such a blessing too.  Congrats.  Amazing Story. 

Congrats!!!! She is Gorgeous!

CafeMom Tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:38 PM

what a birth story!!!  you will have to definately put all the details of that one in her baby book.  :)  congratulations!  she is beautiful!

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 1:54 AM

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

Firsttimemom252
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Congrats! She a cutie

CafeMom Tickers
surgerymama
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:46 AM

What a great story! Congratulations!! Way to go for listening to your body and knowing what you needed to do!! That's awesome! Your baby looks perfect! What a joy.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Mom2Kylie2708
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM

wow! I couldnt even imagine! but she is so precious =] congrats!!!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)