Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anterior Plancenta & 3D ultrasound

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:05 AM
  • 7 Replies

I have an anterior placenta and I am having my 3D ultrasound today, if you have been in the same situation is there any suggestions you have to get the best pics possible? I am planning on eating and drinking as normal and probably have a snack about an hour before my appointment. I am not required to have a full bladder.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
doulala
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I think you just want to let the tech know, they will do their best.

:-)

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

apoe
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:09 AM

i told them about it and  they go to the side of my stomach to get good 3d pictures.

cw78
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Quoting doulala:

I think you just want to let the tech know, they will do their best.

:-)

Oh see knows she does all my ultrasounds in my dr office :) just thought someone my know some tricks to get him to move around instead of snuggling in the placenta

cw78
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Quoting apoe:

i told them about it and  they go to the side of my stomach to get good 3d pictures.

So did you get alot of good ones? I am just worried that I wont. I want to see his face up close I have dreams of what he looks like and want to compare :)

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:15 AM

i dont have an anterior placenta, but with my last u/s we had a hard time getting good pics...so like a PP said, try laying on the side.  i kept switching positions to see if that would help...good luck at your u/s!!

apoe
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Quoting cw78:

Quoting apoe:

So did you get alot of good ones? I am just worried that I wont. I want to see his face up close I have dreams of what he looks like and want to compare :)

i have many full face pics to where i can see his facal expressions. it sometimes takes a min or two for him to turn the right way. each time i get them done it gets harder to get his full face but from 20-32 weeks i got lots of good ones.

JennaFoix
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM

I have no idea what an anterior placenta is so Im no help. But good luck at your ultrasound Hope you have fun and get good pics!!!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)