Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is This Supposed To Happen?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:40 AM
  • 2 Replies

I'm in my third trimester, going near 31 weeks and I kept feeling this pain/cramp in my right side every once in awhile yesterday. Is that a mini-contraction or round ligament pain? Or is not even supposed to be happening? My baby still kicks and she moves around alot but I was worried about it and wondering if anyone else felt this around this time. Then all of a sudden she started extra kicking really hard like she wanted to bust out or something. I still have two months to go and I want to make it to full term. I'm always exhausted and I can barely walk for a long period of time without my back hurting or feeling like I'm going to throw a fit if I don't find somewhere to sit. I was just wondering what are all the normal things that happen during the third trimester.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:43 AM

sounds pretty normal.  it could very well be a braxton hick contraction too.  just hang in there!  you dont have too much longer to go!  also, if the pains (if they are contractions) become more regular, it wouldnt hurt to let your doc know. 

asmp11402
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I had the same thing for about 3 days last week and was starting to worry and then it went away. It was worse when I would change positions. Read that is was probably just round ligament pain so I didn't worry. Woke up Saturday bigger than I was Friday night! So I'm assuming it was just the round ligament. It could be either that or BH.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)