Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How early?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:48 AM
  • 8 Replies

How early can you start getting braxton hicks? I am 28 weeks and for the past couple of days i keep getting cramping and pressure on and off in my pelvis. are these braxton hicks? they do hurt a little (the cramping part) but not really bad. i have no  pressure or pain in my lower back, just the front of my lower abdomen. i have been drinking a ton, to the point where i am literally using the restroom every 5-10 minutes...so i dont think im dehydrated...i just dont know what it causing this.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:51 AM

ive had braxton hicks as early as like 14 weeks.  they probably are braxton hicks contractions but if you find they pick up regularity (i think it was like 4-6 or more in an hour...i forget my doctors guidelines)...be sure to give your doc/midwife a call.  it is okay to have them but you just dont want them picking up regularity.

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I've been getting them since 18weeks.

KITTYCAT1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:01 PM

It could be BH. I've been getting them since 20 weeks.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:04 PM

With my first I never had a BH

With my second they started at 15 wks and I had them often. By 30 wks I would have them a few hours a day and they would be 4-5 min apart and very very painful! I delievered at an estimated 38 wks but I was actually only 36 wks

With my third and current pregnancy I started having BH about a wk ago but they aren't as often thus far as they were with my second nore as painful

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

Allikat86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:19 PM

The pressure/cramping im having will last a few minutes, then go away, then come back and last a while again...sometimes it doesnt come back for a long time, sometimes it comes back soon...but its just that the pressure/cramping is lasting a few minutes that seems weird to me...its doesnt seem to be coming and going in waves.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:48 PM

since it comes and goes after a few minutes...i would say they are contractions....but if you really concerned and since you are only 28 weeks or so, you may want to call your doc.  i know during pregnancy esp when you get farther along, there will be pressure and some cramping due to the baby growing and such, so it is pretty normal.  but you just dont want tooo many contractions as it could stimulate pre-term labor.

Quoting Allikat86:

The pressure/cramping im having will last a few minutes, then go away, then come back and last a while again...sometimes it doesnt come back for a long time, sometimes it comes back soon...but its just that the pressure/cramping is lasting a few minutes that seems weird to me...its doesnt seem to be coming and going in waves.

Allikat86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Its been gone for a couple hours now :) so thats good i guess.

Quoting meam4444:

since it comes and goes after a few minutes...i would say they are contractions....but if you really concerned and since you are only 28 weeks or so, you may want to call your doc.  i know during pregnancy esp when you get farther along, there will be pressure and some cramping due to the baby growing and such, so it is pretty normal.  but you just dont want tooo many contractions as it could stimulate pre-term labor.

Quoting Allikat86:

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM

very good!  just keep a close eye out!  :)

Quoting Allikat86:

Its been gone for a couple hours now :) so thats good i guess.

Quoting meam4444:

Quoting Allikat86:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)