Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss after baby??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:52 AM
  • 18 Replies

Anyone have any ideas about how they are gonna "bounce back" after baby?? I was very overweight and was doing really really well loosing it when I got pregnant and now I have gained almost all of it back. So now that I am getting close to delivery I am already thinking about how I am gonna loose the weight again.

Thinking of doing an almost liquid diet (only eat solids one meal a day), Or dexatrim max (does that stuff really work?) I can't exersise as much as normal people due to my disease, but I was  doing budukon (yoga and martial arts) and I want to try pilates.

I do not have the willpower to do akins I love bread, and pasta way too much! lol.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamaz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM

i did it all and remain 30 pounds above my pre-prgenancy weight.

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

LOOK IT'S BOB
☻/ This is bob, copy paste him on
/▌ every update you see so he can
/ \ take over Facebook. You've been Bobbed

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:54 AM

i usually eat a light breakfast and not let myself eat inbetween meals.  also, i pick up walking and sit ups to help loose the extra weight.  i was just thinking about this last night on how i so dont look forward to working on loosing the weight.

teri4lance
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I wouldn't do any of that, just breast feed and eat smart. you don't need to starve yourself or poison your body to lose weight. just eat moderate amounts of healthy food and stay active. it's not a secret. breastfeeding alone will burn 500 calories a day.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Doing excessive dieting without excercise and cause more problems with weight gain then if you just lived happy!! I don't know how to help you with my first pregnany I started of 230 and after giving birth I was 180. With my second I started off 249 ( Yeap I gained all that weight plus some back in 3 yrs and I BF for 6 months) and after giving birth I was 228. I EBF my son for 12 months and gained back up to 248 and now at 16 wks 3 days I am already down to 242

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

angieluvsolivia
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I lost 100lbs before I ever got pregnant on my own with diet and excersise.  I gained 20 lbs back d/t a medication I was on so I didn't gain any weight(I actually lost ) when I was pregnant but now I am loosing again.  With me portion control helps the most.  Pills and liquid diets don't work long term, you will ALWAYS gain the weight back so, if I were you I wouldn't waste time with that, just eat well balanced and watch your portions along with whatever work out routine you can manage.  Trust me with a new baby you have to schedule time to eat anyway so, it may be tough at first but you can do it.  Oh, and if you have a craving eat whatever it is you are craving, just not the whole bag/bowl/box or else you will eat everything else trying to satisfy it.  Good luck!!

I'm the kind of mommy that does what works. Sometimes, I have to try different things to find that out but, eventually we get there. Overall, I want for my children to be happy, healthy, well behaved, well rounded individuals that can think and do for themselves. My kids are my greatest achievments!!
Nichole2270
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:59 AM

IM GOING TO GET BACK ON WEIGHT WATCHERS AND START MY WALKING AGAIN.

teri4lance
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Quoting Nichole2270:

IM GOING TO GET BACK ON WEIGHT WATCHERS AND START MY WALKING AGAIN.

here's a smart girl for you. GL Nichole!

BrittLawless
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Pilates are awesome as long as you keep up with a program they definitely work. And eating is important that liquid diet is ridiculous just cut your portions down. you need food its the energy that makes you able to exercise.

vancesmommie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Weight Watchers is awesome.  I lost 30 lbs before I found out I was preggers and plan to go back on it as soon as my little boy arrives.  I can't breastfeed so that's not an option for me for weightloss.  As far as exercise, the only thing I did before was walk and that's what I'm going to do again.  I injured my knees playing tennis along time ago so I have problems with anything too stressful on my knees.  I can't even do lunges.  But I can walk on a treadmill or take my kids for a walk. 

CafeMom Tickers
randijj
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Uuugggg I feel for ya! I was 120 when I got Pregnant with my DD, I gained 70 pounds, and weighed 190 when she was born. It took me 4 Years to lose the weight, and I was down to 125, and now I'm gaining weight again with this baby. ugg! And I'm only 5 weeks.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)