Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does this sound?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:39 PM
  • 13 Replies
Ive decided to go ahead and dispute medicaids decline for my perinatal care. The lady that I spoke to told me that we are eligible if we make up to 3300 a month and we make about half of that so I should be eligible. How does this letter sound? I really want them to understand how tight of a situation I am in...ya know? January 25, 2009 To Whom it may concern; I am requesting a review for case # 4526584. I believe that the decision made was incorrect. We currently make $1600 a month and cannot afford and would not be covered under private insurance. I have included a bank statement from the unemployment direct deposit. Also, recently one of the vehicles (ford mustang) was reposed.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:41 PM

sounds good to me.  hope they honor your request!!

tomary
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Yea, send it in. There must have been some mistake because we make a little more than that and we still got approved.

CafeMom Tickers
randijj
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Good Job mama! Don't give up!! 

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:46 PM

well another mom on here mentioned that it could be because of our assets such as the two cars and the house HOWEVER all those things are from when we made 6 figures and since I submitted the app. one of the cars was repo'd so clearly we are struggling....right?

Quoting tomary:

Yea, send it in. There must have been some mistake because we make a little more than that and we still got approved.

JHall
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:24 PM

I so hope you get a better reply back soon!!! That is what the pregnancy medicaid is there for and you guys are in need of it. That sounds like proof enough to me!!  And from what you just said they have already said you should get it.

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
StarMommy06
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:29 PM

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you get your reply.

justme312
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:14 PM

if you applied and got denied there should be an appeals process you have to go through.  you should try to get ahold of your local legal services agency and see if they can help you.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:25 PM

the appeal process is to send them a signed and dated letter asking them to re-review

Quoting justme312:

if you applied and got denied there should be an appeals process you have to go through.  you should try to get ahold of your local legal services agency and see if they can help you.

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Best of luck to you. I hope they change their decision.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

K.a.C.87
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:18 PM

sounds good! good luck mama!!!!

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, and handsome little man, Bryant Allyn (sucessful VBAC). Loving fiance to Lee. Disposable diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Non-Circumcising, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)