• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What fears do you have?? Pics(Add your own) and Poll Added 4FUN

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:50 PM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: How far along are you? Just to see the majority

Options:

0-10wks

10-20wks

20-30wks

30-40wks

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

A little back ground: My name is Laura-Ann. I am a 23 yr old mother of two boys, Xavier is 4 yrs old, (He was born July 3rd 2005 7lbs 6 oz and 20.5 inch) and Malachi is 16 months (He was born Sept 28 2008 6lbs 5oz and 19 inch). I have been with my Husband 9 1/2 yrs since I was 14 yrs old (Sept 18 2000) and we have been married since Sept 18 2004 ( 5 1/2 yrs) We are currently expecting baby #3 around June/July of 2010. I am currently 16 wks 3 days! Here are some belly and u/s pics for fun (add yours for fun)

6wk7wk12wk13wk14wk

I have 15 and 16 wk belly pics but I haven't gotten them off my phone yet!

10 wk 6 day u/s pics

13 wk 6 day u/s Pics

I want to know what are your biggest fears during your pregnancy? Name a/some fears that have to do with your pregnancy? Name a/some fears that you have while your pregnant that aren't really pregnancy related?

My biggest fears about my pregnancy are : #1 Giving birth to early since my 1st was estimated to be 37 wks and my second was estimated to be 36 wks. #2 Not getting to the Hospital in time. Both my labors were about 10 hrs from start to finish but with my first only 6 hrs were hard and I dialated fast. With my second the Midwife tried sending me home b/c I wasn't dialated but in an hour I went from 0cm to 7cm and in another hour I was 10cm. I live an hour from the hospital. #3 I fear not being able to successfully go naturally but after two failed attempts at a successful epidural I have no choice but to succeed naturally.

My biggest fears while pregnant but not pregnancy related are: #1 Loosing my Husband to another woman  #2 Being left to take care of 3 kids all alone.

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemykids73
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM

My only fear is that the baby will get tangled in the umbelical cord either before or during birth.  Not sure why I'm scared of this, this is my third baby and I've never worried about it before...

CafeMom Tickers
amy31308
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Being on cafemom I have fears I never had with my son because I didn't have a cafemom account. Isn't that terrible  LOL

I fear having a stillborn.

I fear not making it to the hospital in time.

I fear going into preterm labor and being on bed rest... I don't know how I would be able to do it being a stay at home mom and hate having others watch my son.

I have a fear my daughter will get a knot in her cord and will die.

I fear that I will bleed out after giving birth.

I fear my uterus will rupture and I could lose my life and my baby girls life or I would have to have an emergency hysterectomy and would never again be able to have kids.

Now, for me I have to say, when I start fearing these things, I have to remember to keep my faith in God and He has blessed me with one healthy son and He is in control and taking good care of my daughter and I.

I try to avoid the "sad and scary" posts on here... just so I don't have to worry about it for me.

Also, non pregnancy fears...

I fear my husband dying.

I fear tornados, and fear dying in one.

I fear something happening to my son!!!!

I fear leaving him with others to babysitt. I feel safest with my son is with me and I KNOW he is safe.I only let my mom and hubbys mom and hubbys aunt watch him. But I still fear them. (Not so much my mom) But I know one time I went to pick up my son from my hubbys mom and she was upstairs doing something and he was downstairs playing on the stairs. I was there for a good 3-4 minutes before she knew I was there. If you knew you you would think she'd be more responsible than that. She's  a very "anal" lady who tends to make sure EVERYTHING is taken care of properly and on time. All work no play.

Taken friday at 21 weeks.. and below are dresses my mom bought for my Emma :) I am in love with them!!!

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:09 PM

i fear post partum hemorgging again...it was not fun and i was so sick for almost two weeks because of it.  here is my 19 week baby bump pic!  ive posted it in other posts too.

JHall
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I fear that this one will have the same defect my second DD was born with  I know it is unlikely only a 2% chance but still.  I also fear that I will have this baby in my car on the way to the hospital.  My second one it it wasn't for the fact that she was sideways I would have had her in the car on our way to L&D I was 10cm way before I even made it there I just knew it I had the urge to push the whole ride. The fear that I will not get the nice quiet delievery that I have missed out on the first 2 times cause some how someone will find out and drive like a bat out of hell to the L&D to find out what is going on why we are not picking up the phone.  This will be my MIL!!! I just know it will be her.

Non pregnancy related it is more of a paranoid thing and sometimes comes up while I am pregnant but doesn't have to do with the pregnancy.  I love zombie movies!!! Well I love the remakes of the ones out, but I haven't in many years seen the old dawn of the dead or any of the old ones.  For some reason I have these bad dreams about those freaking green faced slow walking zombies????  I QUIT watching them during my first pregnancy. By the second one I still had those dreams still don't know why. So now I watch sappy stuff during pregnancy. LOL I also fear that I will never again look at some of my favorite food the same way again. They have made me so sick and I fear that the way I feel about them right now will just carry over.

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
tomary
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I am affraid that I will fall and hurt the baby. I have a 2 story house and I worry that I will trip down the stairs.

I worry about getting sick.

CafeMom Tickers
LaceyN1121
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:28 PM

That my nightmares are going to come true... Nothing to do with my pregnancy other than delivering earlier than expected to... Im expected to deliver by March 18th but am due on March 29th...

The 2 nightmares that I have CONSTANTLY like almost every night... is 1. hubby dying in surgery after something happened at work and 2. Having twins after every appointment making sure there is only one baby in there (I do that all the time, I tell my OB to make sure there is only one baby)

pregnancy calendar
Mamie_85
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:29 PM

i fear pre-term labor since it's happened before. i went into labor with my first at 26 weeks and had an emergency c-section. i had contractions at about 37 weeks with my second, but since i put myself on bed rest i had a pretty good pregnancy. with my 3rd i was in the hospital twice with contractions,both before 28 weeks. and this one i've had a few painless contractions but i'm doing pretty good so far.

CafeMom Tickers

Mom of 3 boys Aiden (4), Gavin (3) and Logan (2) Pregnant with #4! Think Pink!

sarahstar331
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:33 PM

I'm afraid of the epidural.  I am really considering not having one...any thoughts or advice is appreciated!!

amy31308
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:35 PM

In all honesty... I DON'T remember even feeling it!! It really didn't hurt that bad at all... those contractions are so much worse. lol

Quoting sarahstar331:

I'm afraid of the epidural.  I am really considering not having one...any thoughts or advice is appreciated!!

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:38 PM

just out of curiousity does it hurt when they take it out after everything is all said and done?  ive never had one before but am considering trying it but we will see.

Quoting amy31308:

In all honesty... I DON'T remember even feeling it!! It really didn't hurt that bad at all... those contractions are so much worse. lol

Quoting sarahstar331:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)