• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I still didnt get checked

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM
  • 17 Replies

So im 35 weeks tomorrow and with my first pregnancy i got checked for dilation at 34 weeks and started my 1 week appt. but this time im 35 weeks tomorrow and the dr. still has me on 1 more 2 week appt. which im thinking i better get checked at since ill be 37 weeks. I have the same dr. as i did last time too...anybody else end up not getting checked til later with the latter pregnancies? my cousin is due the day after me and got checked last week and this is her 2nd too.

Taking each day as it comes and trying to make the best out of every situation. I love my family and hate to cook, Taco bell is my favorite although i try not to eat out all the time. Im a probreastfeeding, anti CIO, gotta work kind of mom.

our newest addition coming soon:

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:55 PM

my office does 1 week at 36 weeks and they start checking at 36 weeks also.

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

LeanneC
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Getting checked doesn't actually tell you anything.  No need for them to stick their fingers up there and possibly introduce bacteria for no reason.   I wasn't checked the second time until I was in active labor and 8cm.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:56 PM

i never got checked with my first until i was like 39 weeks.  i just showed not many signs of labor and my midwife thought it best just not to check as it wouldnt do too much for us anyhow.  now with my second baby, i had signs of preterm labor and got checked more often.  i guess it all depends on the doc and what you request as far as checking.

Hisservent
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I was examined at my first appt and then again at 36 weeks. With my son, she checked me at 36 weeks and I bled (busted blood vessel from high blood pressure) so she didn't check me any more after that til the day I was induced. NOrmally, she'd be checking me every visit from 36 weeks on. 

pregnancy week by weekI'm a Christian, 100% prolife, pro vaccin, natural product using, soy candle buring wahm and wife

Mamaz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM

i never got checked until after i was overdue. because IT DOESN:T MATTER!!!! you can be at 0 cm and 0% effaced and have the baby the next day OR you can sit at 6 cm 100% effaced for a month. it just works you up over NOTHING

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

LOOK IT'S BOB
☻/ This is bob, copy paste him on
/▌ every update you see so he can
/ \ take over Facebook. You've been Bobbed

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Getting checked is a doctors choice not something that will always happen. Some docs don't do it at all some do every other appt and some do it 36weeks till delivery. 1week appt usually start at 36 weeks. I would talk to your doctor to check what his normal process is. Find out if he normally does checks or just once in a while. It's nothing to worry about though it really isn't gonna hurt you. It's just a way of seeing what your body is doing down there, but offers no labor guarantees.

vicki16xoxo
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:59 PM

i got checked at 34 weeks only because i was having symptoms of preterm labor otherwise my doctors office would have started checking me at 36-37 weeks and only upon my request. and i went to weekly appointments the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy

JHall
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I had to beg my doctor to check me.  You know when something is different down there.  Funny thing is she said OH you still have a little bit of time before you need to be checked.  LOL  I was 33 weeks at this time, well she checked me and had the most suprised look on her face???  I ask what I was and she said you're 3mc???  WOW  I know something was going on it just felt so odd there.  She quickly sends me over to L&D to have my contractions checked and they were a bit steady but nothing to worry about.  Go home and rest take it easy and come back in 1 week since you are at 3cm now. 

I think once you hit atleast 35 weeks they should check you every other visit just to make sure nothing will come up by suprise. This way if you are setting at 3cm they know they will be getting a call pretty soon.  I went into labor at 35 weeks after that check but I was already told I would go early.

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
Armymom134
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I had to ask to be checked with my last pregnancy and I was 37 weeks. My doctor won't do anything till I'm that far along anyway, so i see it as no big deal.

stephNcary
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:05 PM

all so very true i was just hoping to be able to compare to my last pregnancy. oh well ...those exams are pretty uncomfortable anyways...just sucks cuz i shaved for nothing.

Taking each day as it comes and trying to make the best out of every situation. I love my family and hate to cook, Taco bell is my favorite although i try not to eat out all the time. Im a probreastfeeding, anti CIO, gotta work kind of mom.

our newest addition coming soon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)