Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did anyone watch the Pregnancy Pact on Lifetime?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:53 PM
  • 21 Replies

What did you think of it? I thought is was okay, I didn't like the reporter girl implying that Sarah should think about abortion and I was also offened with the idea that having the dream of getting married and being a mom is not a good dream or an imature one and that any smart girl should want more than that. No girls shouldn't want that to happen when they are still in highschool, but that was my dream and I finished school married my highschool sweetheart and I'm a SAHM mom and I find it very fullfilling and I'm very happy. Those are my thoughts what are yours?

Lets please give our opions and keep it respectful. I don't want to see arguments or sarcastic comments and have this turn into a drama post, thanks! :)

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momto3andaAngel
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM

I watched it...and from a a teen mom stand point....I was 15 when i had my first. Me and my DH have done everything with our 4 kids with no help from no one. With that being said i was really upset when i watched the movie simply for the fact that these little girls wanted to get pregnant and they were only 15. And the one little girl that said she only wanted to be a wife and a mom, i really felt sorry for her. Those are good dreams if you are at that point in your life. And while we were watching the movie when she said that i told my mom "she will think differently when she has no GED or high school diploma and she is at the house with all the kids and her husband has to work constantly to be able to pay all the bills. After watching the movie I really wanted to just go out and become a voice for the girls that are thinking this way. I agree that kids need to be alot more educated. I would not go back and trade my kids or give up my kids for the world now but i do wish i had waited until i had a college education!

Happily Married since August 07! Young mommy to Christopher (5), Alexis (3), Dylan (1), and Jayden (8-25-09) and an angel Abagail in heaven! family in the van

vicki16xoxo
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM

oh i only watched the last half hour of it...are they going to air it again?

stephNcary
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:10 PM

i recorded it on my dvr but havent been able to watch it...our stupid dvr is messed up im hopeing to be able to watch it soon.

Taking each day as it comes and trying to make the best out of every situation. I love my family and hate to cook, Taco bell is my favorite although i try not to eat out all the time. Im a probreastfeeding, anti CIO, gotta work kind of mom.

our newest addition coming soon:

amy31308
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:11 PM

My husband and I watched it last night and we both agreed it was a very stupid movie. I regret staying up to watch it and getting excited for it to air. I figured it would show them through their pregnancys and life after the pregnancys. And it really didn't.. it was just a korny movie.

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:11 PM

I think parents aren't doing a very good job of keeping an eye on there kids and being realistic. I believe the movie implied that very well. I do agree about the marriage at a young age b/c I was 18 when I married my boyfriend of 4 yrs and I conceived the month after we were married. That being said statistically success rates are slim in early marriages b/c many are to immature to understand the hardships of a marriage! I agree about the implications on abortion. Abortion is wrong and hard to live with at any age! I know if it were my daughter #1 I would whoop her ass and #2 she would be the sole provider of her baby. I wouldn't be a babysitter or her financial aid. If she had to quit school and get a job then that is just what she would have to do. I believe if your old enough to have sex and get pregnant then your old enough to take care of the consequences of your actions. I hate seeing teen moms being able to still go out and party b/c Mommy and Daddy are at home taking care of the baby!!! CRAZY

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

fallenfey22
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I didn't watch it, but I heard it had a very anti-homemaker slant and was suggesting abortion. Both good reasons for me not to watch it.

Cassidy

Due: June 25, 2010

http://antimodernmother.blogspot.com

LaceyN1121
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I recorded it but haven't sat down to watch it yet, Im still debating on if I want to watch it...

pregnancy calendar
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:19 PM

didnt watch it but i would have to agree with you.  life throws us curve balls all the time...it is how we go about to make it the best possible experience even if ppl think your dream is out of reach.

Alaina83
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Quoting fallenfey22:

I didn't watch it, but I heard it had a very anti-homemaker slant and was suggesting abortion. Both good reasons for me not to watch it.

Yeah, these were the things I did not like about it. I did think that it had a good message for the parents though to really talk to your kids about sex and what having sex entails the possible consequences, physical and emotional. My parents always told me don't do it because it's a sin but that did not stop me from loosing my virginity at 15. Thank God I did not end up pregnant but it's still a decision I regret to this day and one I feel I wouldn't have made if I had been comfortable talking to my parents when my boyfriend was pressuring me. I think the conversation needs to go deeper than "don't do it" or "here's a condom, be safe"  I think the movie made a good point about that.

StarMommy06
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM

I watched it, to be honest I didnt read into it like everyone else seems to have done.

I thought it was a good movie. Im normally completely asleep by 10 and I stayed up until midnight watching it. I thought it was gripping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)