Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE: Doc wants to see me ASAP

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:37 PM
  • 18 Replies

UPDATE: Well I had my appointment. Everything is fine. I am producing a lot of extra cervical mucus for some reason, but it's not a bad thing.. just more of an annoyance. The reason he wanted to see me is becaue the discharge we brown. He said usually it's clear or with a greenish/snot-like color. He gave me a prescrition for antibiotics to see if it will clear it up. One of the things he wanted to check was if my cervix was thinning out causing extra cervical mucus so they did an ultrasound. Well my cervix is extra thick so nothing to worry about, but while they were there they checked the gender and IT'S A GIRL!!! I was so not expecting to find this out when I woke up this morning and I am so freaking happy!!! So all is good and then some.

I woke up with some strange discharge this morning so I called the doc thinking he would just say it's normal pregnancy stuff and don't worry about it. Well instead his nurse just called me and said he wants to see me ASAP. I am freaking out a little bit... okay a lot. I will update you all when I get back from doctor. Wish me luck.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Destiny1403
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Good luck! What kind of discharge was it??

Dara0820

Good luck hun hopefully everything is okay. Will be waiting for update!

pregnancy

Dara

randijj

Good luck! hope every thing turns out ok! 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:39 PM

hope all is well!!! hugs!! update if you can after doc

paulsgirl1297
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Good Luck

LaceyN1121
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Good luck with that, let us know what they say.

pregnancy calendar
kara_g.

They probably want to make sure it isn't a vaginal infection, like vaginosis. Common and treatable, but they'll want to knock it out. Best of luck.

ciejsgirl

Good luck!  This happened to me also and it turned out to be nothing.  I hope you get the same results.

MeganGallagher
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I recently asked a question about this as well.  What kind of discharge was it? Was it clear, white, yellow? Did it have an odor?

Good luck mama! I will keep my eye open for an update. I hope all goes well! 

Briannimal
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Yeah, discharge could just be a UTI or 'cellular change" as my doc calls it, and they just wanna see you ASAP b/c it can develop into something worse without treatment.  I've already been treated for one, and I'm at 11 weeks.  "Perfectly normal" I heard, until you don't treat it.  So, hopefully it's just that! Hope everything works out and keep us updated!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)