Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poping

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

I had a previous post about hearing poping in my ribs. Well, today, I heard another pop lower than my ribs and a slight crack. Does anyone know what this is? My doctor isn't entirely sure either, but I have an appointment tomorrow with them.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MeganGallagher
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I am not sure to be honest.  But here is a bump for ya 

lmurphy22
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:55 PM

i have no idea, but i have been hearing some weird stuff too. I think if the baby moves a certain way or something now that I am further along and he is taking up most of that space then maybe thats what I am hearing. I've heard groans, gurlges and sloshing but no popping. Does it hurt when it happens??

CafeMom Tickers

LaceyN1121
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Its your ribs trying to spread out for your baby. Mine is doing the same thing but it causes pain, I am suppose to go see a chiropractor for pregnant women (i can't remember what my OB called them) but once the baby comes it should go back to normal and you won't have that cracking popping sound. Thats just what my issue is yours maybe something different depending on where your baby is sitting.

pregnancy calendar
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Yikes! I have no idea! let us know what your doctor says!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

GlowingxMomma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:17 PM

I know the pop noise scares him. He stops moving for a few then tests the waters by moving a bit then goes back to moving. Sometimes, when he moves, it hurts. At least, I'm not alone. Thanks!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:17 PM

your little baby is just stronger than ever!  i wouldnt know what that could be.  i know my friend had one of her babies lodged up against her pelvic bone, and he even came out with a little dent in his head where he was rest upon her bone.  not the most comfiest for her.  i hope it is nothing serious for you!  keep us posted!

GlowingxMomma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Could it be possibly that the baby is getting stuck? I just thought of it. I mean whenever I call the doctor, they say they don't know. That if I can't breathe, then call back. They don't seem too concerned. But I am!

nily
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM

OH yeah It happed to me with my son. Everyone look at me like I was crazy but I heard a ''crack'' on my belly side.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)