• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have 2 questions & need some help *Update in blue*

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

1st question

I have had my GD under control but recently my fasting level has been a lil bit to high. I'm suppose to be under 90 but have been testing at at 94-97 the last few days. Does anyone have any ideas how I can keep my fasting level down? I'm going to double check with my GD nurse later today. I also know that as I get further along in my pregnancy that my sugar level will get a lil high. I am not on meds and have been able to control my GD with diet and walking. Any suggestions please help???

Just got off the phone with my GD nurse, she reassured me that I am doing ok. But wants me to keep an eye on my fasting level she also explained to me that it is normal for the levels to ge a little high towards the end of the pregnancy due to my hormones. There is nothing that I can really do to bring down my  fasting levels, just have to make sure I have my before bed time snack,fast for 8 hrs and then test my levels before I do anything else. If my levels do continue to be high, then 'll have to go back to see my "high risk" Dr and may have to take meds for the last few weeks. (I really hope not, I have been doing so well with the diet and walking but if I have to for baby I will.) Wish me luck, can use all of it I an get right now. Mahalo!

2nd question

If you are carrying low how do you know when the baby has "dropped"?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paulsgirl1297
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Ijust recently learned that I have GD so I wanted to give you a bump cause I am looking for all the info I can get.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:12 PM

i dont know much about GD.  but as far as carrying low already versus dropping...generally i can tell when my clothes fit differently than im used to.  my last baby i was carrying her lower and when she droppped my maternity shirts didnt quite fit right.

mommyhonu
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Quoting paulsgirl1297:

Ijust recently learned that I have GD so I wanted to give you a bump cause I am looking for all the info I can get.

As far as the rest of my levels they are doing well. After I eat any meal I go out for a walk for at least 20 min. That has always helped me keep my GD under control. I have 3 meals a day and 3 snacks a day. I am eating every 2 hours. If you want feel free to message me and we can always chat. I have to admit that I do miss carbs and sugars, but I will do anything for the health of my baby. Good Luck Mommy! I'm here for you if you need the support.

CafeMom Tickers
AddyLeigh
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Don't know bout the GD stuff, sorry

But when my babies (all low) dropped, my clothes fit differently, and there was a different type of pelvic pressure, it made it more difficult to walk as well, no choice "not to walk like a pregnant person" either anymore. And not that you'd always be able to "see" the difference for yourself, others around you will probably notice, and if you take lots of belly pics, you can compare.

MarriedJess
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Quoting meam4444:

i dont know much about GD.  but as far as carrying low already versus dropping...generally i can tell when my clothes fit differently than im used to.  my last baby i was carrying her lower and when she droppped my maternity shirts didnt quite fit right.

not to change the subject but I went to the doc on friday and he said something about my baby not being down there which I found wierd because one of the other docs said she felt his head on Jan 2 and I said oh well I thought I dropped because my clothes don't fit right anymore and he said "that's just because you are getting bigger" I felt like he called me fat! it was so uncalled for!

Pregnancy Ticker

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I also don't know about the GD stuff. Sorry :-(

If you carry low and the baby drops I think you will probably be going pee more often and have more presure in your vagina ;-)

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

mommyhonu
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Quoting housefullofkidz:

I also don't know about the GD stuff. Sorry :-(

If you carry low and the baby drops I think you will probably be going pee more often and have more presure in your vagina ;-)

That's it! That's exactly how I feel. Plus when I lay down for more then 20min, when I get up my back is killing me.

CafeMom Tickers
mwilt
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:56 PM

my gd is weird. the only time it gets high is in the mornings after i eat. i can eat whatever i want at night and its perfect! i dont know why urs is high after ur fasting. good luck and im sorry! 

hannamanmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I had the same concern with my levels. I talked to my doctor-- just remember that meters can be off. Mine was off by 34 points compared to my doctors, and that meter was off by 23 points as compared by actual lab work. My meter read 141 and the labs came back at 75.

My levels were running between 96-100 fasting and were supposed to be under 90. However, when I mentioned it to my doctor, she said as long as I am under 105 then everything is fine. I know different doctors have different opinions so definitely talk to yours but according to mine, all is well. Also, I've noticed that the more water I drink before bed, the lower my sugar levels are.

mommyhonu
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Just took my level (2hrs after I ate) and it's at 93 ... when my fasting level this morning was 97. Huh, this is so weird. The other day when I ate lunch then tested my levels it said 97 but then went out for a walk then came home and tested again it said 138. I think it's time to call my Dr and have my meter checked. Just want to keep things under control for the sake of my lil guy.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)