• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gender Determination

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:10 PM
  • 10 Replies

What are the chances of knowing the sex of the baby at 20-21 weeks pregnant?

I had an appointment earlier for an ultrasound but that was to look at the spine, heart, etc. and she seemed like she was in a cranky mood and wouldn't even attempt to look at the sex. So now I'm going to do a gender determination ultrasound tonight so I don't have to wait even longer. Am I likely to find out tonight? Since it's $100 I'm trying to make a rational decision. Thanks!

CafeMom Tickers

pregnancy week by week

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:11 PM

they can definitely tell now. The only problem is if the baby is cooperative. I hope your little one has open legs tonight :-)

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM

chances are good that they will be able to find out the sex unless the baby is being super uncooperative.  have fun at your u/s!!

Wright68
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM

This will sound dumb... but... any way to make the baby more active maybe? To possibly open its legs for me tonight

CafeMom Tickers

pregnancy week by week

Des10ed2b
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:19 PM

actually, that is the best time to find out!

i am a proud mommy of 1 ornery 1 year old little boy and one very goofy 4 year old little girl, ive been married for 2 years, together for almost 5. fun loving, eco-friendly, creative,different strokes work for different folks, stay at home and work at home mommy!

http://www.PerfectWorkForMoms.com     http://www.HealthySafeAndClean.com

Des10ed2b
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Quoting Wright68:

This will sound dumb... but... any way to make the baby more active maybe? To possibly open its legs for me tonight

drink a bunch of orange juice before going in!

i am a proud mommy of 1 ornery 1 year old little boy and one very goofy 4 year old little girl, ive been married for 2 years, together for almost 5. fun loving, eco-friendly, creative,different strokes work for different folks, stay at home and work at home mommy!

http://www.PerfectWorkForMoms.com     http://www.HealthySafeAndClean.com

Bren07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:47 PM

as long as you have a cooperative baby you should be able to see the sex..the sex is developed at 11wks and determinable by ultrasound by 14 but most techs will not even take a guess till atleast 17-18wks..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

yummy_mommy89
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:49 PM

sugar!! and if they cant find it they will more than likely have you lay on your side

Quoting Wright68:

MommyRJ
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:51 PM

wow, i would have been mad and asked my doc for a new US. thats crap.

But plus side....yes they should find out :)

i think the earliest they can is about 16 weeks and anytime after its more certain. 

Randee..
Lover to Brandon..
Mommy to Bryley Scott 10.27.08
impatiently awaiting 'Levi' or 'Kamrynn' Summer 2010
[[...Thinking Pink...]]

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM

she should have checked at your u/s...thats typically when most docs check. Maybe she thought it had already been done? drink lots of OJ

Quoting MommyRJ:

wow, i would have been mad and asked my doc for a new US. thats crap.

But plus side....yes they should find out :)

i think the earliest they can is about 16 weeks and anytime after its more certain. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Wright68
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Nope... she knew we didn't know yet. She didn't even want to attempt. I knew when I first saw her she was going to be that way. She just had that face on. We were really disappointed- that's why we want to do the gender determination. So I made an appointment for tonight at a place that's 50 minutes away. And it sounds pretty promising that I'll be able to find out. I'll have lots of sugar before :-P haha!!

CafeMom Tickers

pregnancy week by week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)