Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you start...?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

So this may be a little TMI and Im sorry.  Last night I noticted that my right breast is producing(I guess you could say colostrum..) but my left one isn't yet.  My question is Im only 18 weeks along and was wondering if this started this early.  I dont remember this happening with my first until I was almost  8 months along.. So when did it start for others?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
alishabear0808
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:24 PM

i just noticed mine starting last night... and I dont remember it happening this early for myself (26 weeks), so I was going to ask today also

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:25 PM

perfectly normal!  i had stuff coming out of one of my breasts at like 14 weeks.  just your body doing its job getting ready for baby

Mamaz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:27 PM

its normal to start anywhere from conception on. so you're normal. with my first i was about 7-8 months. with my 2nd i didn;t start until the baby came out and then BOOM! collostrum!!

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

LOOK IT'S BOB
☻/ This is bob, copy paste him on
/▌ every update you see so he can
/ \ take over Facebook. You've been Bobbed

austinsmama1106
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM

With my first, I started leaking around 12 weeks, before I even had my first appt. I am 17 weeks right now and still not leaking!! 

Predicted a boy!

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:10 PM

For me, I usually start close to when the baby comes. I know everyone is different and have heard of women getting it as early as you.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

C_Caille
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM

At around 20 weeks. Now they leak all over the placeand I have to wear pads or I leak through my shirts when I get stressed or hear babies cry.

grapejelly
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:09 PM

wow! I didn't know that could happen that early?  Do they leak enough to have to wear pads?

CafeMom Tickers

lyric2005
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I already have milk and I am only 4 weeks but I think it is because I didn't dry up completely after weaning my daughter. I accidentally squirted my hubby in his face but thought it was just droplets coming out lol. He was like "hey you got me!!" lol but I hope breastfeeding this time around will be easier and lot less engorgement.

siggy<

How`s my pregnancy doing?

sleepy_in_va
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Thanks for the replies, sorry it took me a bit to get back but I didn't have an internet connection for a  few days.  anyways. now I feel better that Im not the only one that goes thourgh this stage early then.  It was just sursprising since I didn't start doing this with my first until I was about ready to give birth.  Thanks again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)