• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I call the doc? ~~ Update in red~~

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

I just switched dr's last week, I am very happy with the new doc's demeanor and bedside manner, and his opinions are good too obviously lol. So I have been on procardia for preterm labor for the last 10 days and now I am out I can't get more till I see the doc, which isn't until next week. I just took the last one last night, but for the last 24 hours or so I have had a lot of contractions but they aren't regular, and my back has been killing me, no matter what I do I can't get comfortable, I have found a few things that ease it for a little while but it comes right back. I am afraid to go to L&D because they never listen to me and I am worried that they will refuse to call my new dr and insist on calling the old one. (our hospital is notorius for not allowing you to see someone else) And I have this feeling that if I call the dr he will want me to go in, which I can't do until there is someone here to drive me and watch my 3 yr old. (which won't be until about 4) So should I call anyway or wait until 4 and then go in and argue with L&D??

I called and my dr is gone for the day, so I talked to L&D and they want me to come in and be monitored, they said they are expecting me about 4. I got one of the nurses I like but shift change is at 3 so I guess we'll have to see who is on when I get there. I'll update again later.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:24 PM

call and let them know and tell them you can't come in until about 4

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:24 PM

i would call your new doctor.  and then if you have to go in, you can let them know you already discussed your condition with your doctor and they should contact him.  good luck!  i hope all is well!

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Quoting mommyziegler:

call and let them know and tell them you can't come in until about 4

I agree!  I hope they don't give you a hard time. Good luck!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:16 PM

awe that is too bad your doc is gone for the day!  happy you called though!  hope all is well!!  hugs!!  update us when you can.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)