• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom's that have already had babies....When you first went into labor, how did your partner react?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM
  • 50 Replies

When you first went into labor, how did your partner react? Calm, cool, and collected or scared out of their mind?

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Actually when I delivered both of my boys my Husband liked to joke. It was his way of easing the tention and I always wanted to kill him for that. He normally gets really quiet when it comes time to push and right after the baby is born he has this scared out of his mind look on his face. It normally takes a good 15 min and me saying Honey are you ok before he snaps out of it and goes back to his normal jokster self!!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:38 PM

In a nut shell he ain't helpful!!! LOL

Quoting NoraDun:

Actually when I delivered both of my boys my Husband liked to joke. It was his way of easing the tention and I always wanted to kill him for that. He normally gets really quiet when it comes time to push and right after the baby is born he has this scared out of his mind look on his face. It normally takes a good 15 min and me saying Honey are you ok before he snaps out of it and goes back to his normal jokster self!!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

piercedbeauty21
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM

My husband wanted to get it over with. I had to be induced bc I was almost 2 weeks overdue. I was in labor for 57 hours and my husband finally had enough. I ended up getting a c-section and he was just glad I wouldn't be in pain for much longer.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM

My husband is usually calm and laid back.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein  housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots 

housefullofkidz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:42 PM

LOL! Neither is mine. He plays video games most of my labor, that or watches tv.

Quoting NoraDun:

In a nut shell he ain't helpful!!! LOL

Quoting NoraDun:

apoe
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:42 PM

with elijah he called me on his supper break and ask if i wanted him to come home. it was a bad night at work and he wanted to leave and i told as a matter of fact i didn't feel right and had a call into the the dr so he came home and we went into l&d.  elijah was here 3 hours later. for the most part we were both scared since he was so early

Vandyswife
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Well, I had to be induced due to her heart rate.. and my blood pressure...

My husband was actually really MEAN to me.. it was a bad night :( 

TaraKathleen
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:46 PM

He wanted to stop at the store on the way to the hopsital to get pepto lol.

housefullofkidz

I am so sorry!

Quoting Vandyswife:

Well, I had to be induced due to her heart rate.. and my blood pressure...

My husband was actually really MEAN to me.. it was a bad night :( 

mommyhonu

With our 1st they decided to induce while we were there at the Dr app. With the 2nd one my water broke at 5am on DH's birthday. When I told him to wake up and that my water broke, DH opened one eye and looked at me (without picking his head up off the pillow) and asked "Are you sure?" Lol, leave to my hubby to be so calm about our baby coming into the world. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)